Memoirs of a Dhampir

Nikki Nightmare

"Dahlia," someone called out my name that seemed to be coming from somewhere far away.

I was in the dark. I didn't know where I was. I couldn't see myself, but I couldn't bring myself to move any parts of my body either.

Not my head, my arms or legs.

"Dahlia," the voice called out again, this time, it was getting nearer and nearer.

I was floating now.

Just floating towards a dot of white light.

"Dahlia. Wake up, sweetie," the voice said.

Now, I could feel someone resting their hand on my arm with comfort. I opened my eyes, blinked a few times to get rid of the blur vision and the first thing I saw was the the white ceiling above me.

"Can you see how many fingers I'm showing?" the same voice asked again and I turned my head slowly to the left to see the blue-greyish eyes of Victoria Brenon.

Victoria Brenon is another Moroi friend of mine here in St. Valdimir's. She looked the same since I last saw her.

Okay, maybe she's grown a little taller but other than that, she's been the same Nikki Nightmare - it's kind of like her pet name.

She had always been a blonde, but decided to color a few strands of her hair black - for rebellion's sake or something.

And as usual, she had her cellphone on her hand.

"Nikki," I croaked, feeling sick from my stomach.

"How come I have to hear from the rumors about your passing out in the library to know you've come back to St. Valdimir's?" Nikki rested her hands on her hips with a stern look.

"It's been only two days. I wanted to come see you after talking to Chr -" I paused and looked at her with uneasiness.

Nikki tilted her head and stared at me with a raised brow.

"Tell me you didn't go talk to Christian Ozera," she groaned and slapped her forehead.

"He's just an old friend!" I tried to retort.

"Yeah, an old friend who happened to be in love with you," Nikki pursed her lips and shut her eyes.

"Happened," I emphasized the past tense in the word. "And besides, he's with Vasilisa now. He wouldn't dare."

"Are you hoping he would then?" Nikki looked up at me with a curious look.

"No. I would never steal a good friend's boyfriend," I looked around to see that I was in my dorm and continued, "And besides, I don't feel the same way."

"I'm glad," Nikki sighed and gave me a hug. "Anyway, welcome back."

"Thanks," I replied and heard the door creaked open.

My eyes looked over at the door to see Vasilisa, Rose and Christian walking into my room. Christian looked at me with worry in his blue eyes, Vasilisa looked happy to see I was okay and Rose - well, she's her.

"You're awake!" Vasilisa cried with happiness and gave me a hug.

As much as I wanted to push her away from me, I resisted. I guess you could call it good manners.

"You talk as though I died or something," I mumbled and stared at my comforter.

"You passed out for three days, Dahlia. It's your fifth day here in Valdimir's," Vasilisa had some sadness in them.

"Yeah, what happened anyway?" Christian asked, not being his sarcastic self.

"I don't know," I lied and shrugged.

As they started to talk, I turned to look at the leaves slowly falling to the ground. I couldn't possibly tell them my past - my horrible past before I came back here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. But this chapter is to introduce a new character that belongs to my good friend Kayla. I planned on putting in more words but couldn't because it felt so right to end this chapter at that. Don't kill me because the next chapter would be up in a few. ;)