Memoirs of a Dhampir

In The Woods

"I can't wait to see you kick people's butt again," Nikki grinned as she sat on my bed and watched me pace around the room.

Training.

What a boring thing to learn.

Dhampirs are like guardians for the Moroi people. They learn to fight and all that stuff so after they graduate from school, they immediately are assigned to a Moroi to protect.

The thing is, I don't understand why I have to learn to fight against a Strigoi since Father always sends guardians to me whenever I'm out of the campus. He told me I would take over his business one day.

If I am going to do that, why on Mother Earth should I learn to fight?

You know why, my head scolded me and I brushed the thought aside.

Of course I knew why he sent me here.

"To protect you," he says.

I rolled my eyes. I would imagine that he was more ashamed of me than he was to protect me.

"I noticed you haven't settled in yet," Nikki said again and I turned to face my luggage that was on the floor - totally untouched.

I couldn't bring myself to unpack because I wanted so much to be out of this stupid school.

"I could help you unpack if you want," Nikki added, this time eyeing me with an annoyed expression. "Can you at least respond to me talking here?"

"What?" I answered, a little dazed as I turned to look at her before shaking my head. "I'm sorry. I'm just so out of it these days. I think I'm still a little jet-lagged."

"Even after a week here?" Nikki pursed her lips.

"You know me. I need time to settle," I shrugged and walked over to the luggage, kneeling down.

As soon as the luggage was opened, a chocolate brown wooden photo-frame caught my eye. Slowly, I reached out for it and stared at the photo.

It was a photo of me and Damon in Paris.

Without much thought, I placed it on the side table next to my bed and heard Nikki whistled in surprise.

"Who is that hot guy? Your boyfriend?"

I wish, I thought and stared at the photo, sadness engulfing my every emotion.

"Just a guy I used to date," I half-lied, absent-mindedly carassing his lip-line on the photo.

"Uhhuh," she replied, totally not believing a word I said.

But since she knows me all too well, she decided to not talk about it. I saw her looking over at her cellphone before she grinned even wider.

"There's a secret party going on over at the cabin. Some of the people we know will be there," she jumped around excitedly.

"Is Rose and Lissa going to be there?" I groaned and sat on my bed.

"Mmmmayyybeeee," Nikki dragged and I narrowed my gaze on her and she giggled. "Oh come on! It'll be fun! I know you can't go on another day without partying!"

I bit my lips and really considered my options.

It was either going to the party or to just stay in bed and feel sorry for myself all day.

[Damon's POV]

There was that sinking feeling in my gut that I felt again as I stared at all the trees around me. The idea of people coming to the woods for camping amuses and yet, at the same time, irks me.

"Let me go!" someone was screaming deep in the woods.

Hitting the brakes to my black Mercury car, I got out and turned to face the direction the scream was coming from.

"Come on, baby. You know you want this," a male voice whispered and there was some whimpering coming from the female. "Isn't that why you agreed to come out here with me?"

"No," the female cried and there was some sounds of struggle.

I hid behind the trees, watching the male human try his best to slip the female out of her denim jeans as she struggled to break free. She doesn't look like a willing party to me.

Not my problem, I thought and took one step away from the rape scene.

A few steps away and with the constant sound of her pleads, I felt my feet halt and I balled my fists - my eyes squeezed shut.

That guy is seriously pissing me off.

I shook my head and took a deep breath and smiled, turning around and started walking towards the scene.

He was already half-way getting rid of her clothes off her.

"And you call yourself a man?" I made myself known and he jumped in shock, letting go of her in the process.

"Hey buddy, this isn't your problem, alright?" he grumbled. "You're interrupting our role-play here."

I frowned and cocked my head to the side but as soon as I saw the female hiding behind the male from embarrasment, I understood.

"Who the hell are you anyway?" the male snapped in annoyance.

"It doesn't matter," I gave him one of my smirks before it is replaced with anger. "What matters is you wasting my time when I could've done worthy things."

For a split second, I thought of Dahlia Masen. The dhampir girl whom I have met with at a bar. The dhampir who left me to go to this god-forsaken school somewhere across this state.

No way in hell was I going to let her do that to me. No one does that to Damon Salvatore.

"Yeah, whatever buddy," the guy answered, taking his pants from the ground as he turned to walk away with the female.

In a split second, I was in front of them; fury was obviously written on my face. The female screamed as I grabbed her boyfriend's throat and stared into his eyes.

I could see my reflection through his eyes. My vampire fangs showing, my eyes red with veins showing under my eyes - it wasn't my pretty side, I'll tell you that.

There was shock in his eyes as I choked the life out of him. I glanced at the female who was on the ground crying uncontrollably. Then right before her eyes, I fed on her boyfriend - I drank him dry.

Once I was done with him, I threw him to the side and made my way towards her. I knelt down in front of her and watched her begged for mercy.

I sighed softly and hushed her, finger-combing her hair when an idea struck me.

"Shhhh," I whispered and kissed her forehead in pure mockery.

I bit my wrist hard so I was bleeding and forced my wrist to her mouth.

"Drink up," I instructed.

She cried hard, but she didn't protest either. Considering her options, who wouldn't?

It was either she gets the same fate as her boyfriend or mercy from me.

"Shhh," I whispered pulling my arms away and finger-combed her hair again.

"It's going to be okay," I stared straight into the forest without any emotions on my face. "It's going to be o-"

I snapped her neck and there was nothing but silence until her body dropped to the damp soil with a loud thud.

I pursed my lips and and gave an apathetic look.

"You're no good to me crying anyway," I said to myself as I carried her body with me towards my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boring title but intense chapter, right?

I really wanted to put Damon into this chapter. I hope it is still good enough for you - not too fast, I hope? Please comment. It would mean the world to me.

PS: For those wondering how the photo of Dahlia and Damon looked like, it's in the banner for this story above. (=

PPS: Character list is updated. Please check them out in case you have any trouble imagining the characters. ((=