Memoirs of a Dhampir

Hunger Party

[Damon's POV]

I heard a loud groan coming from the backseat of my car so I took a peek on my rearview mirror to see the girl sitting up, her hands on her head.

When she saw what she was in, she jumped in shock but the real surprise was when she saw that she was in a car with me.

"Morning sunshine," I greeted her, my eyes on the road.

"Where am I? Where are you taking me? Who are you? Let me out of this car!" she freaked out as she tried to open the door.

"Sweetheart, go easy on the car," I looked up at the rearview again and frowned. "And you ask waaaay too many questions."

"Please let me go," she started to cry again. "I promise I won't tell anyone. No one would believe me anyway!"

"I don't think so," I shook my head with mockery. "See, the way I left your boyfriend, people are going to think that you guys came across a bear in the woods."

Her eyes widened and I smirked even wider.

"The good old fashion bear excuse," I chuckled to myself and noticed a gas station in the middle of nowhere. "I mean, isn't that always the reason that the cops give whenever they cannot find the real reason why campers were brutally attacked by some sort of animal?"

I hit on the brakes and turned towards the gas station, switching off the ignition soon after. Then I turned around to face her with one of my charming smile.

"You must feel hungry," I said as-a-matter-of-factly when I saw her face.

"What did you do to me?" she held on her stomach as she eyed on the cashier inside the mart, her face slowly starting to change.

I guess it was a good thing that the sun has set.

"Oh come on," I groaned and hit my head on the headrest. "I know your kind. You feel like your life's empty - like you were meant for something bigger."

She kept quiet and I gave myself a small smile.

"What are you?" she asked again, this time, braver than before.

"No, sweetie," I said and got out of the car and went over to her side to open the door. "The correct question would be 'What are we?'"

She didn't hesitate to get out of the car - but she didn't start screaming or running either.

"Let's go grab something to eat, shall we?" I put out my hand for her and she took it without much thought.

[Dahlia's POV]

"I'm so glad you can make it!" Lissa said enthusiastically when Nikki and I got to outside the cabin.

"I'm surprised at myself for even coming," I mumbled and felt Nikki nudging my elbow and I glared at her for a second before sighing.

"Glad to be part of the crowd, Lissa," I tried to be nice and Lissa smiled wider.

I looked at the closed door behind her and pursed my lips.

"What kind of party is it anyway? It doesn't sound like a party," I questioned myself and got another nudge from Nikki.

The place was quiet and for a second, I could have sworn that this was all an attempt by Nikki to bring me, Lissa and Rose closer together.

"Come in," Lissa sounded more excited than ever and for that, I felt sick to my stomach.

Something didn't stick right with me.

I watched as she reached out for the doorknob and opened the door. Then, all at once, every familiar face in school that I know sang 'Surprise!' together.

I felt my jaw drop - my body totally frozen in place. My eyes wandered up to the big colorful banner in the middle of the room that said : WELCOME BACK DAHLIA!

I shook my head in shock as Nikki patted my back.

"A welcome back party specially for you," Nikki whispered and grinned. "Lissa put this all up by herself."

I looked over at Lissa who was smiling widely at me, her face as innocent as ever. Then my eyes wandered to a few figure walking towards me.

That was when I saw Rose, Christian and a girl named Mia walking over to me with a huge cake that was brightly lit with candles.

"Blow the candles," everyone chorused and I felt like I was having a birthday party or something.

But I did as I was told, without any complaints because it was the least I could do in return. Music started to play in the background and everyone started to dance along to the song. Some personally welcomed me back - despite me being back a week ago.

It was an official welcome by the people I know.

I was taken by surprise when I saw guardian Belikov standing by the corner of the room with a cup of beverage in his hand.

Nikki left to go dance with the crowd while Lissa and Christian were arguing on how the cake should be divided among the guests - Lissa emphasized that the guest-of-honor [meaning myself] should get a huge piece of cake and Christian argued that everyone should get a fair amount. Rose had walked over to guardian Belikov and I saw them exchange words.

"They really love you, you know," an unknown voice said causing me to turn around to see a hot Moroi guy resting his back against the wall with a stick of cigarette in one of his hand.

"And you are?" I arched an eyebrow which made him chuckle.

"One Rose is not enough, now there's another that has her attitude," he grinned to himself before he took a big gulp off a vodka bottle in his other hand.

"Okay Mr 'One Rose Is Not Enough'," I rolled my eyes and started to walk away but he reached out and grabbed my arms, catching me off-guard.

For someone drunk, he sure has a grip of a guardian.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness," he let go off me immediately as he took another drag off his stick. "I'm Adrian. Adrian Ivashkov."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot woot! Adrian is in the story!

What do you think's going to happen?