On My Way

Tears and Words

Next day I went to the airport to welcome Hayden's parents.
His mother was a middle-aged pretty woman and his father, he looked just like him. It broke my heart. Their names were , Angela and Martin.The hospital had already called them later last evening. They looked devastated , tired and really sad. We sat down at a cafe and I told them about the story of me and Hayden. How we met, what he told me about leaving home, what had happened between us and the reason we made this journey.
They listened to me partly crying and nodding in silence. I finally finished my words,
sobbing. We left the airport, to go to the hospital.

Non of us were talking much. I was like living inside a dream, sorry , nightmare.
The doctors told them about the situation of Hayden , more clearly. I watched as the doctors talked and the parents cried. I wanted to go back to sleep.

After the hospital they thanked me and told me that they had to spend some time on their own, at a hotel.
I left them back to Aaron's home and sat in the kitchen. Aaron came and sat beside me with a box of pizza he ordered earlier. As we ate we kept silent for a while. Aaron finally sipped his coke and asked ;

- So... how did It go with the parents?
-It was, fine. You know... tears and words. Thats all.
-Right..Of course, so where are they now?
-They told me they needed some time on their own. They'll call me later on probably.
-Yes , true.

I hardly swallowed the last bite from my pizza slice and suddenly bursted into tears.
This time my tears were different, I felt like this time I was crying for everything but not just for Hayden, but for leaving home, for leaving my friends and family, for falling in love and everything that was hurting me.

I held my head between my hands and pulled my hair slowly. 'Shit.' i mumbled in tears, shivering in anger and tears. 'I can't do this. I don' t deserve all this.'
'Shit.'
I closed my eyes and bit my lower lip till I tasted a bit blood.
A creepy sound came through my mouth, like a growling mixed up with sobbings. I took a deep breathe but I was feeling trapped and really sad.
What was I going to do? Why was all this happening? What was I going to tell my parents, now? Where did Hayden go?

'Oh Hayden, love, why did you leave me here, now? Why?'

My breathing got faster and I let out a small scream.

'Okay now, Alexa, stop It. Stop It NOW! Look at me Alexa, and listen to me carefully!' shouted Aaron and grabbed my arm, pulling it away from my hair.

'Look Alexa, things happen in life, okay? I just met you again after many years and you told me your story. I saw It In you eyes, you loved Hayden and you were happy. But now Hayden Is gone. I'm so so so sorry.. I really am. But I am very sure that he wouldn't want you to be this sad! I'm your best friend, I can't stand seeing you like this! I'm right here with you!'

After Aaron's words, I hugged him, he was my real best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment, funeral on the way :(