On My Way

Back To Black

The funeral was black. All black. I was pretty sure that Hayden would've wanted something more beautiful. Not all black. Many of his friends and family members were there. I got to meet some of his friends. It was all so weird, knowing that these people were a part of his life, Hayden was real, and t was real that he had died.
They burned him , and I was the one who was going to spread his ashes, down a cliff.
The place was beautiful, there was a lake down by the cliff; all blue and green. His ashes were going somewhere free and magical.

I walked towards the end of the cliff with a silver box in my hand. Hayden's ashes were inside it. It felt so weird, having him in my arms again, but in a very different way.
Hayden's family and friends were all there, dressed in black and crying; waiting for me to say my last goodbye.

I wasn't crying any longer. Tears weren't enough to express my sadness. I wasn't going to be depressed for the end of my life.
I slowly opened the silver box and turned it upside down a little. Grey-black ashes left the box and flittered in the air for a moment.

I watched as the ashes rained down like tiny silver stars. I closed the box when It was all gone.

'I love you Hayden, bye.'

Suddenly I felt a soft, warm hand on my shoulder ; Aaron. I turned to look at him and smiled. He smiled back and together we walked away from the cliff; back to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know It's a very short chapter but I didn't wanted it to be too dramatic. I am waiting for comments and ideas about how I can finish the story :))

-thanks
bookworm