On My Way

The Stop

I was making plans for my runaway when Mariah pushed me and talked in a nervous voice ;
- Oh God , Alexa, this is a joke isn't it?
- Mariah , please try to understand..
- I should've known that something like this was gonna come!
- Would you please relax! For heavens sake!
Suddenly Mariah pulled me close to her face and whispered furiously ;
- Are you mad, Machara Aynslie Alexa? How are you planning to go to Dublin? How are you planning to find Aaron? Dont tell me you are gonna walk all the way! Or maybe you'll try hitchhiking , huh? Then some freak will get you on his car and you'll have an ' adventure '!
I pulled myself back, Mariah was staring at me furiously. I swallowed.
- Cant you just trust me? I can take a bus!
Mariah sighed in disbelief. " You are so naive Alexa!". I took a deep breath, " OK, you know what? You are right! I dont have a plan! But Im living spontaneoulsy! I dont know whats gonna happen! But I'll figure it out.." . Mariah fell silent and stared at me, " Let it be so then.." she whispered. Her eyes were filled with tears. I looked away. When the bus stopped I was going to act like I need to go to the ladies room. Then.. Then I'll find a way to get out of there! This was a good plan. Our school bus was going fast. It was almost noon, when finally our school bus stoped for lunch , on the road. My heart started pumping faster, will I be able to do this? Mariah looked at me. I nodded silently and took my luggage after me as we (my class mates) and the teachers got off the bus for lunch. The restaurant was small.. I ate my lunch quickly as my mates were chatting with laughter. I took Mariah by my side to the WC. It was weird that the teachers hadnt recognize that I had took my luggage. I guess they were busy eating and organizing my friends.
ı closed the WC door and said , "Mariah, give the letter I wrote to Professor Jane. She'll understand. Then send the letter to my address. I'll be fine. I'll text you.". Mariah was crying so I hugged her , " Its fine Mariah, I love you! I have money , clothes , everything.. I'll be fine and I'll call you anytime soon." Mariah forced a smile and hugged me back. She was holding the letter in her hand. I looked around for a window. There was it. A small window, but big enough for me to get through it. I got up on the commode and pushed my luggage through the window. The window slipped through my hand and i heard it fall on the ground. I climbed up to the window and hanged my body out to my waist. " Alexa.. Please, dont.." sobbed Mariah. " When a great adventure is offered , you dont refuse it! - Amelia Earhart" i groaned . I pushed myself to the outside. Then I fell down, out of the window. I heard Mariah gasp in the WC. My heart started pounding faster. I grabbed my luggage and took a deep breath. The road ahead of me was empty, a few cars were passing by. I took another deep breath and without looking back I started running.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys enjoy, please keep reading and i am looking forward for your comments please COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE THANKS