Silverbell

No Such Thing As the Sun

Dark, it was always dark why was it always so dark? There was nothing happy there was no light, no hope. Screaming endless screaming he could hear it, it bored endlessly into his skull day and night night and day, what was the difference really? Where he was there was sun but only in brief blessed snatches you had to make a minute of sun last a month but not even an hour after it was gone you cursed the heavens for ever baring such an evil temptress the sun!

Sirius paced his small cell it seemed to grow smaller everyday and after the long years he'd been there he barely had room enough to breath! Then, then there were the days when it stretched for miles and he had to huddle in a corner to keep from losing himself. To day however the was no sun, lightning tore through the sky burning with a terrible furry! Oh how he hated it, oh how he hated everything! Screaming in anguish he beat his fists against the wall over and over opening wounds that had scabbed over just that morning.

It felt good to be in pain, pain meant he was still there, if he went for too long without it he would drift away and never come back, he could feel it. Pressing his head hard against the wall he wailed loudly much like the others the surrounded him on every side. He stopped spinning to look at his cell door, something was happening. Cautiously he walked to the barred door of his cell, the body of the man across from him was finally being disposed of, he'd gotten ill a while back so ill he couldn't move, but these 'people,' they didn't care. They left him there left him without a second thought Sirius tried to held he screamed and threw the bones and stale bits if bread too hard to eat at them, but in the end he could only watch and cry trying to close his eyes and cover his ears as the man was eaten alive by rats, too weak to fend them off.

“Devils! Murders!” Sirius ranted and the wizards who hauled out the rotten and stinking corpse. Leaving it lay only a few feet down the hall they brought in another man, he was strong and fighting screaming with all his might that he was framed. Sirius felt an instant kindred-ship to this man, two souls one fate. Finally the man broke away and made a dash for freedom, about to cheer him on Sirius was cut short as a Dementor grabbed the man pinning him to Sirius's cell door!

Panic washed over Sirius as he fled from the door pinning his back against the far wall his cell had never seemed smaller, there could never be enough distance between himself and that thing! He tried not to look tried not to think of it but the sorrow was over whelming and fear unbearable, he had to look, had to be sure he was not next, it was then that he saw the man's soul rise up out of his body, to be dowered by the fiend. Sirius's stomach wretched and twisted. Bile and acid fell from his mouth to the floor as he sat now on hands and knees. Sensing him the Demetor turned to him.

“No! No!” He screamed trying to press himself through the wall. Someone must have said something to it for the Dementor turned, and left. The soulless body that once was a man was tossed into the cell, food for the rats.

Hugging himself Sirius lie on the floor rocking himself as a babe, “Oh,” he sobbed. “Remus, I-I wish you were here!” Sirius didn't understand what he was saying, he wanted Remus yes but to have him here? No, what he wanted was for Remus to hold him, tell him it would be alright, he wanted that to be true. Gazing up at his small window Sirius knew what he wanted, he wanted to walk with Remus see the sun dance across his honey hair, watch as it caresses his face and kiss his lips. He wanted to hold his daughter, his baby girl and hear her call him daddy again, Sirius just wanted to be with the ones he loved, so terribly much, it was painful.