Silverbell

Misunderstandings

"Ok, so rule one, don't embarrass me! Rule two, don't treat me any different from anyone else! Rule three my name's Silver now, not Bell, not Belly, not Silverbell and for heaven's sake not Jingle Bell Rock! I mean that;s just so, ugh, what made you think it up in the first place? Just Silver ok? Rule four? Yeah, four, rule four don't act like a parent, ok? If I'm snogging some boy just walk the other way, don't look at us, don't talk to us and if you do anything to said boy I will be forced to hurt you!" Silver threatened. "Uncle Remus are you even listening to me?" She asked from her place on her uncle's bed as he packed another bag.

"Hm? What was that?" He asked smugly as he folded a sweater. He was excited, yet nervous, he tried very hard to hide his nerves but he worried that they might show just a little. He was returning to Hogwarts, as a teacher this time, he couldn't wait! However there was a dull ache in the pit of his stomach, the last time he had roamed those halls had been with Sirius, but now he'd have to do it alone.

"What's the matter with you?" the young woman shouted crossing her arms.

"Ah, ah, 'What's the matter with you Mr. Lupin!'" Remus corrected her. "I'm your teacher now!" he grinned.

"Ugh!" Silver groaned trowing her arms up. "You're such an ass some times!"

"Silverbell Rachel Morning Glory-" Remus began shouting before he was cut off.

"Chill! Ok?" Silver snapped. "I just meant," she began again after a moment of forceful glares between the two. "Ugh! You're so mean!"

Remus sighed, "Don't worry you can move out as soon as you graduate!"

"What? No! That- You don't understand me at all!" Silver shouted before rushing out of the room, her anger well demonstrated by two slammed doors, his bedroom door, and then her own.

It was true though, Silverbell was no longer child, no longer needed him. Remus sat down, that's why he took the job, deep down he knew that was the reason. Bell would be moving away, living her own life leaving him alone, so very alone Remus couldn't deal with that, the loneliness. Pinching the bridge of his nose he sighed before falling backwards tears in his eyes. It seems like all he ever did anymore was feel sorry for himself, but he couldn't help it he was scared so terribly scared that he'd fall back into that deep dark place he'd found himself in when Silver was a first year and he'd nearly killed himself. Remus was depressed and he knew it.

After lying there for a moment he decided to go talk to Bell which seemed to impossible as of late, it had been getting gradually worse sense he and Bell had to 'the talk.' It seemed like the older she got the farther they drifted apart, Remus hated it! Getting up he walked down the hall to Silver's room. "Silverb- Silver?" he corrected himself as he knocked on the door.

"Come in." came a stuffy reply. Opening the door Remus could see that Bell'd been crying.

Clearing her throat she said "Glor's been losing feathers again..." Silver nodded towards the sickly looking owl perched on her window seal.

"Well," said Remus with a sigh. "She was an old bird when we got her!"

"Don't say that!" Silver snapped getting up and walking over to Gloria in defense. "She's fine and she's going to live for a long, long time so, so don't say things like that!" the girl shouted wiping at fresh tears.

"Look, Bell, er Silver, I didn't come in here to fight!" Remus shouted. Sighing he rubbed his forehead. "And I didn't mean to yell just now, I'm sorry. I-I've been very upset lately because, well because I'm afraid that I'm going to loose you!"

"What?"

"You're eighteen in about week, this is your last year in Hogwarts, you're going to want to move out and live on your own as the adult you are, and I'm going to miss you terribly and I don't want you to go!" Remus said summing up his fears.

"Me too! I mean I'm not going to miss you, no, ugh I didn't mean I- Why can't I ever f'in talk right? What I mean is I've been scared that you're-going-to-kick-me-out!" Silver managed to say as she began sobbing.

"What?" Remus laughed as a wave of relief washed over him.

"I don't wanna move out!"

"You don't have you!" Remus chuckled as he watched his all grown up Silver revert back into his little Bell in an instant.

"Really?" she asked looking up at him.

"Really!"

"Oh, thank you!" she said rushing over and hugging him. "I gonna live with you forever and ever and ever!"

Remus smiled as he stroked her hair his heart immensely lighter. "You should however know that if I catch you snogging a boy that I'm going to have to kill him!"