Silverbell

Tradition

Silver walked briskly down the station her head held high and a smile on her face, Remus mean while toiled behind her as he pushed a trolley with all of their things loaded on it. "Oh, come on!" Silver exclaimed just before stepping on to platform 9 3/4. Remus stopped, he could kill that child sometimes! Shaking his head Remus started again but stopped abruptly, there was such a sudden and intense feeling of being watched! He couldn't seem to get rid of it! Turning this way and that he looked at all of the faces around him, trying to pinpoint the cause of this discomfort. Alarmed Remus made a wide arch so as to go around the entrance, but suddenly the feeling went away.

Checking the faces of those around him once more for good measure Remus squared his shoulders and stepped onto the platform where his ears were immediately assaulted! As loud as the station itself was platform 9 3/4 had the Muggles beat as old friends reunited and owls screeched and spells buzzed through the air! Oh yes, he was definitely on his way to Hogwarts!

"Hey Uncle Remus!" Silver called as she literally bounced over to him a gaggle of girls following her in the same manner. "I'm gonna sit with my friends k?"

Remus chuckled "Have you four been hexed?"

Silver scoffed. "No! It's tradition! You know in memory of when that Susan jinxed our legs together, and then I turned her purple?" the girls burst out laughing.

"It's great Mr. Remus er, uh Mr. Lupin now huh?" started Jess one of Bell's closest friends. "Pisses 'er off like nothing else, she sees all 'o us hoppin' around like jackrabbits and all she can think of is Silver's hex!"

"I think she still blushes violet!" added Anna and they all started laughing again.

"All right well have fun!" Remus said smiling.

"Oh, look!" cried one of the girls. "There she goes!"

"Hi Susan!" the girls called as they started a hopping frenzy! The girl with porcelain doll looks and long curly blond hair look, went mouth agape, and then stuck her nose in the air and continued on her way red faced, but the girls swore it was a red shade of purple, and who was Remus to argue as they all began slapping high fives?

Remus chuckled, "Alright, now you girls go have fun, and don't cause any trouble, it's be a waste to be expelled in your final year!"

"K, love ya!" Silver said grabbing Gloria's cage and hopping away but stopped abruptly and burst out into a run shouting, "Percy, hey, Percy!"

"Leave it to a boy, namely Percy to cause Silver to break tradition!" remarked Jess before she turned back to Remus, "I'd watch those two if I were you! Then again, if I were you I'd be watching all the boys around here, Silvers good lookin' and they've all noticed!"

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Remus asked suddenly unamused.

"Maybe!" and with that they walked away all having apparently forgotten tradition.

Alone Remus fell victim to his own thoughts at first he tried to keep him mind empty but thoughts of his little Bell with boys bombarded his brain, shaking them away he stepped up onto the train, and hit with a sudden wave of dizziness! Oh, God he was going to vomit! Gripping the rails tightly he held himself steady and the hauled himself up. His heart hammered in his head all he could think about was that last time they were on the train together, the Marauders, the team, the gang, the family whatever you wanted to call them!

Remus too a sharp breath in to keep from crying finding an empty compartment Remus sat down his face in his hands, he missed them terribly!

It was a bright blistery day as snow pelted all in it's visibility was almost none! "Yeah, Griffindor!" Sirius shouted rising out of his.

"Woo, James!" Cried Remus doing the same. As they sat back down they noted the serious lack of school spirit. "So, Lily left too then huh?" Remus inquired his teeth chattering horridly.

"Yup!" Sirius said his face in a type of scowl as he struggled both to see and to keep his jaw from trembling.

There was a moment of silence between the two before Remus turned and asked, "You don't s-s-supose that the game's over and J-James and e-everyone's forgot about us d-do you?"

Sirius was quiet for a moment as he thought. "No, I mean James wouldn't do that us!" he concluded. There was another moment of silence before Sirius turned to Remus and worriedly asked, "Would he?"

"No!" Remus scoffed. "James is our best mate, he'd n-never do that to us!" The two laughed nervously and then stopped as they realized that might have been exactly what happened.

"Oh, come here!" Sirius said throwing open his blanket and snatching Remus, who gave a squeak to him. "You look like you about to freeze to death!" They laughed again feeling warmer as they shared their body heat.

"Mm, th-this is nice!" Remus said snuggling in tighter his head on Sirius' shoulder.

"Mm-hm"

"I love you!" Remus said as he closed his eyes. Both boys sat bolt up staring at each other as it dawned on them what he had said.

"You what?"

"No! I-I didn't mean that w-what I meant was I love being with you. No! Uh! Here with you, I love being here with you, not, not with you! I-I-" Remus stammered his cheeks already pink from the biting cold now bright red.

Sirius stood up, a shocked expression on his face. Remus looked utterly broken as quickly freezing tears rolled down his cheeks, "Remus," Sirius said, his voice sounding rather odd.

"Good heavens look at the state of you!" cried Madam Pumpfy cutting the conversation short as she rushed over towards them. "The match has been over for a hour, you friends James, and Lily are worried sick! What stupidity hex made you boys stay out here for so long?" The two remained quiet as they watched their feet. "Well, we've got to get you boys warmed up!"

Sirius and Remus remained silent as they drank their hot chocolate and listened to James explain that he thought they knew the match was over, they also suffered through a Lily scolding.

"Now you three be off, these two need their rest!" Madam Pumpfy said coming in to check on her patents.

Saying their goodbyes Lily, James and Peter got up and left. "Feel better soon!" Lily said.

"See ya at my next match?" James asked cheekily.

"Ha, ha!" Sirius grumbled.

After both of her patents had a nice dinner of hot chicken noodle soup Madam Pumpfy made sure they were warm and tucked in tight. Then she dimmed the lights and retired for the evening. Remus lie in bed, he couldn't sleep, he had messed things up, horribly. The more he thought about it the worse he felt, he hadn't meant to say anything! He love Sirius but- Remus sighed, Sirius would never speak to him again, that was the reason for the secrets... Better to have Sirius as a friend then not at all, right? A sob escaped.

"Move!" demanded a forceful voice. Remus turned and saw Sirius standing by his bed. Scootching over Remus watched stiffly as Sirius crawled under the blanket, tossing his onto as well. "What? You looked cold, and quite pathetic!" Sirius said in a gruff tone as he got comfortable.

"God!" Remus exclaimed. "Your feet are freezing!" Remus lay with his back to the other boy utterly silent for a few moments. After he couldn't take it anymore he rolling over said, "Look Sirius I'm-"

Remus' words were cut off as Sirius pressed his lips tightly against Remus'. Remus' stomach went cold in a moment of shock but soon warmed. His whole body was getting warmer and warmer as he began to kiss back, his mouth tingled like he was licking a battery. Sirius pulled away and took breath. "Warmer now?" he asked with a wicked grin.

Remus looked at him wide eyed, "Yes..." he blushed.

"Tell anyone and you're dead!"

"But I thought, I thought you hated me now?" Remus almost sounded disappointed.

"Enough of what you thought!" Sirius wrapping his arms around Remus and pulling him in tight. "I love you!" Sirius whispered into the other boy's ear before kissing the back of his neck.

"I love you too!" Remus replied smiling to himself, better to have Sirius as boyfriend then friend then not at all, right?

Remus awoke with a start, his body reacted faster than his mind could, in a heartbeat his wand was in his hand and a Patronus Charm was fending off a Dementor! Once the foul creature retreated he looked at the three young students who were in the room with him. One was a girl with seemingly unmanageable brown hair, a red haired boy and no, not James, it couldn't be James the boy's eyes fluttered open, Lily's eyes. No, not James, Harry... Harry Potter...