Status: Writing when an idea is in my head...

Daughter of Rage and Love

Homecoming

"Hello! We're home!" A voice boomed through the whole house, "Come on, don't be shy."
Lillith walked through the grand front door; her hands nervously clutching a small old fashioned suitcase filled with a few essential things. Indeed she was nervous; she was going to met her real family for the first time. She tread carefully through the giant hallway; in her mind she revised her manners. Sit up straight, don't be rude, don't swear, don't hit and don't freak out. She looked around the house with darting eyes; white, pale honey walls; polished sandstone floors and fur rugs; giant paintings and rock band posters. There were candles and other homely things around like cushions and creme drapes. It was like a haven; Lillith expected something more messy and casual.

Billie Joe took her by the elbow and whispered in her ear; "Just be yourself. Act casual." He lead her into the kitchen where she was met with a welcome sight. "Happy 4th of July!!" Everyone chorused. Lillith's heart stuttered at the surprise, but was soon acheing with joy at the scene before her. On the breakfast bar lay a US flag cake with lit candles and a minature buffet of sorts. Assembled around the bar was a medium sized woman with black long hair. Some of it was in seductive curls and other strands were encased in dreadlocks. She was wearing jeans and red flip-flops and her torso was clad in scarlet corset-like top. Around her were two boys; one was of teenage stature and the other looked about eleven. The teen had a mop of curly blacky brown hair that covered his forehead and was in his eyes. He wore a grey t-shirt and tartan shorts along with bright orange hi-tops. He had his head hung low with his hands in his pockets.

The woman walked up to Lillith; tears evident in her graffitied eyes; arms outstretched just eager for an embrace.
"Mom?" Lillith said as Adrienne took hold of her in a motherly hug.
"Your home. At last..." Adie muttered.
"Mom?" Jakob asked extremely puzzled, "Why did she call you Mom just now?"
He walked forward to his parents a little hesitant and scared. Joey did the same; but only out of mere curiosity and interest. Adie stopped hugging Lillith and wiped away her tears; she looked up at her husband; giving him an encouraging nod.
"Well you see kids... this is quite hard to explain. 'Cause you see Lillith is part of the family. She is in fact... your sister. Especially for you Joey." Billie explained coming to terms with the situation.
"Why me?" Joseph shrugged. I have A SISTER? Oh my god, I thought she was just a distant cousin....
"Because she's your twin, ok?" Billie said landing the bomb within the family.
"So she's my? I'm her... Oh my god." Joey said breathlessly.
"It's ok! I only got told today as well!" Lillith said as she dropped her suitcase and hugged him. She held him tightly; afraid he'd disappear.

Something magical happened in that moment; something neither of them would forget. Through the fuzzyness of clothes and skin, a soft subtle beating could be heard between them. It was in sync and sounded as one; their hearts knit with the bond of twinhood. Joey then wrapped his arms around Lillith; holding her tight to him. Anyone could see it was a heartwarming sight; but only the Armstrongs were blessed with the image of the two long lost twins reunited once more.