Status: Writing when an idea is in my head...

Daughter of Rage and Love

Dry Ice

She decided there and then if she would do it or not. To run. To run away. To leave it all behind. Ever since Billie Joe told her that she was his she went a tad dilirious. It was like smoking marijuana; it took you to a good happy crazy place; Lillith was expecting to go rock bottom at any second; but it didn't come. Even now it didn't come. It was all a bit too good. Too gorgeous to be the truth.

She sat up; looked around the midnight sky out of the window. She fell back down onto the pillow. She turned her head and looked at her sleeping twin. His eyes were closed; in blissful peace he slept. Lillith wanted to wake him; but she daren't. She noticed the smile on his face; like he just died in utter happiness. Perhaps he was having a good dream. Like the one last night. The one were Lillith was in Eden; were she saw her brutish pig of a foster brother. The one were she met the angelic boy dressed in a white robe and orange hi-tops. The one with brown curly hair and green eyes. Oh how that dream angel of hers looked so much like the boy lying next to her. Why, didn't he wear orange Converse only yesterday? She recalled in her memory that yes, indeed he did wear orange shoes ...he wore a grey t-shirt and tartan shorts along with bright orange hi-tops.... She gasped. He was always there. In every dream. In every dream she ever had from birth there was always one boy. One boy with curly brown hair and browny green eyes. Always there. Either in the background in an alley corner of a scary nightmare. Or in the foreground; either kissing her like last night or helping her in someway. Like a guardian angel would. Always there. No matter what.

The earliest dream she could remember was when she was one year old. She remembered crying one day; like any other baby would. But this time no one came to soothe her. No one came to dry her tears or hush her goodnight. No one cared. The baby moniter was off and the curtains were wide open. Lillith could see through the window and look at the dark stormy scary evil rain clouds come over the night sky and frighten her. She kept on crying but it wasn't how a normal baby cries. She cried silent tears; little drops of liquid sadness pouring out of her green eyes with no sound to accompany them. No cacophony. No noise. Except for the heavy menacing tattoo of pelting rain.

She curled up in a ball; scared and cowering in the corner of her cot in the dark hostile room. There wasn't a toy in sight; not a teddy bear to be seen. Help me she thought, someone help me please. She shut her eyelids tight and breathed in. She then opened them again. A boy was lying next to her. A fully grown, teenage boy; dressed in white and with curly hair as brown as chocolate. The same colour as her own. He curled around her; a hand supporting her head and the other one held lightly against her chest. Were her heart was. Lillith remembered the strange comforting golden glow that his skin emitted; lighting the room up and keeping her warm. He didn't utter a word; he just kissed her cheek and slept alongside her.

Lillith opened her eyes up at the memory. It was him. Joseph Marciano Armstrong. Her guardian angel. Always there, heart true and judgement just. Her brother. Always there. Even when she didn't know him, he was always there. Her twin brother forever and ever. How could she leave him? For years she wondered who her angel was, and now to find him genuinely sleeping next to her.

"Joey? Joey? Joey!!!" Lillith said as she moved him gently.
"Wha? What Lillith? It's midnight. I was having a nice dream and now I'm gonna go forget it." Joey said sleepily with anger.
"What was it about?" She asked randomly.
"It...it was about an ang-never mind. You won't understand." He blurted in defiance.
"I will. Tell me." She said in a whisper.
"You woke me up just for this? Fine, I dreamt about an angel ok? Now bog off and let me sleep." He said as his head hit the pillow.
"Joey, do you have any idea what this means?" She said excitedly.
"It means I like babes with wings?" He said bluntly.
"No, it means we share the same dreams."