Status: Writing when an idea is in my head...

Daughter of Rage and Love

Brat

"That was close." Billie Joe murmured.
"Too close." Lillith finished for him.
And scary...Joey thought.
I'm hearing you brother. Lillith replied in her head.
We're doing it.
Doing what?
This mind talking thing.
Do you think it's a twin thing?
Most probably. If we can share dreams then I guess we can share thoughts.
I wonder how far we could go and still hear each other.
Yeah. Like wi-fi or blutooth signals.
Sure, if you want to think my brain is a cell phone.
Sorry, I'm a bit of a computer nerd.
And a drummer? That's one dangerous mix... Lillith trailed off in her mind. She looked at her little brother who was sat in the back seat between the twins. Jakob was a little scared and bewildered. He kept up with the silent conversation; looking at Lillith and then at Joseph. He acted a bit like a human ping pong ball; going from one twin to the other.
"You alright Jakob?" Lillith asked him.
"Err...yeah I'm fine. Freaked out but fine."
"Why are you freaked out Jake?" Adie asked from the front passenger seat.
"'Cause Lillith and Joey are being weird." Jake replied still staring at his sister.
"Kids, please just behave, we're almost there." Billie whined.

Indeed they were nearly there. Lillith immediately recognised the San Francisco scenary. The sunswept boulevards and palm trees. The surburban houses; the dusty sidewalks and littered pathways. Her old home. They parked outside her old house; the car definitely looking out of place in that mediocre average street. The Armstrong family got out of the vehicle and made their way past the front gate. Beware of the cat! a sign warned them.
"Don't worry. He's actually quite tame." Lillith reassured them as Jakob read the sign, "Wouldn't hurt a fly."
Billie rang the bell by the white front door.
"It doesn't work." Lillith said bluntly.
"I know, I know." He said as he knocked on the door.
They waited for a moment and then it opened.
"Yes?" Said a female voice, "May I help you?"
Even though her voice sounded nice Lillith knew the evil and malace behind it. Lillith had spent a whole 14 years listening to that voice and in every nightmare it rang clear and loud in her mind. The voice belonged to Mrs. Amelia Smith; a hairdresser and owner of QuickCuts Salon. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes and always wore the latest crap that the boutigues threw at her. Often she would bestow some of the clothes to Lillith but she never ever wore them. Lillith preferred to make her own and reap the rewards of being unique. She always said if the guitar didn't go well she'd become a designer for some underground punk fashion house. Amelia stood in the doorway; leaning against the frame making a clear statement that they weren't coming in.

"Ah Miss...?"
"Mrs. Smith." She replied to Mr Armstrongs question.
"Mrs. Smith, we've come concerned about Lillith."
"What for?"
"You see, by all rights she is my daughter and for reasons that have been known, we want her back in with our family." Mr Armstrong explained.
"uh-huh. Gonna take her away? See if I care. She's a brat anyway. Have her." And with that Amelia slammed the door shut and leaned back against it.

The Armstrongs were a little bit surprised at her sudden outburst; Jakob started to make his way back to the car.
"No no. I'm sorry..." Came from the door. This time she was sobbing.
She's faking it... Lillith thought.
Amelia fully opened the door and let them come through into the house. She was crying; everyone could tell she was faking it; plainly overdoing it like a third grade actress in a strop. She lead the adults into the kitchen and left the children in the hallway. With Lardy.