Status: Writing when an idea is in my head...

Daughter of Rage and Love

The Static Age

The phone rang through the house; the music from Lillith's room was turned down on purpose and out of respect. She had learned a few manners during her life long stay at the Smith's house. She had wrote a list of rules in her head;

1) Children should be seen and not heard especially teenagers.
2) Respect your elders and siblings.
3) Always receive second best even though you are the oldest.
4) Don't fuss or complain.
5) Meld into the background and become invisible.

Lillith was exceptionally good at all five. She never near enough spoke at home; her mother always treated her like she wasn't hers. She may have been silent but she was a born rebel. She had bad grades; she flunked school. She graffitied on walls; she broke the rules; she even set one of the science labs on fire; accidentally of course. Lillith never wore normal high street fashion; her wardrobe was filled with various band t-shirts, skinny jeans either laddered or tartan checked. She wore mens waistcoats and bright coloured ties. She mostly wore black or purple and sometimes other colours such as blue or red.

Without dye or straighteners her hair was curly; short and messy around her head. It was a rich natural luscious brown, almost earthy red at the tips. When she was younger she had it long; almost the whole length of her back. It was only when she was 13, when she fully dived into punk rock and emocore, did she steal her mothers hairdressing scissors. She snook off into her room and half an hour later, her locks were almost all chopped off except for two dreadlocks that hung in her fringe. The rest was choppy and spiky; like a great big emo scrunchy fuzzball. Her fringe was longish; it was swept over one of her seductive green eyes. She bought dye with her meager allowance and the day after cutting it she coloured it pitch black with red ends.

She looked incredibly sexy; the most beautiful girl in her year. But she never had a boyfriend. To be honest the boys were either shy or scared of her but most of them hated her guts. Plus the girls were jealous of Lillith; for her gutlessness and bravery, for her gorgeous looks. Although she was blessed with beauty, Lillith also had brains. She stood up for what she wanted; she could throw any insult or witty remark and she could make it hurt. She was clever to. Her highest grades were always in English, Music and Art, but she never got top of the class. Homework was continually late but it was done.

It was while the phone rang did Lillith finish her last piece of homework. She was currently listening to Green Day's new album; specifically 'Peacemaker'; it was her favourite off of the 21st Century Breakdown CD. She kept on pressing the 'low volume' button till all she could hear was a subtle guitar and Billie Joe's adorable voice.
Lillith heard mumbling from her dad and she walked over to her bedroom door. She opened it so she hear more clearly. It started off with the basics; a simple "Hello", a confused "Who is this?!?", the standard "Ok" and the unexpected "Lillith!! A Mr.Armstrong for you."

Lillith didn't know a Mr.Armstrong; only in the real world at least. Initially Lillith didn't want to take the call but curiosity took over her. She ran down stairs and walked over to her dad; almost snatching the phone out of his grasp. She held it to her ear and said the politest "Hello" she could muster.
"Hello? Is this Lillith?" The caller said. His voice was harsh and seductive at the same time; like an angel's washed down with booze and mortal aging.
"Yeah this is Lillith. Whom am I speaking to?" She said in her receptionist voice.
"Just call me Bill for now, ok?"
"Ok... Bill."
"Right..." Bill paused for a moment and took in a breath, "Lillith, I've got some news for you, but I think it would be better if I told you in person. Plus I imagine your folks would want to know to."
"Alright." She said as she sat down in a near by computer chair.
"So could I please have your address?" Bill asked hopeful.
"Um, sure, you got a pen and paper handy?" Lillith asked him.
"Armed and ready."
"Ok," She chuckled, "It's 22 Sunset Boulevard, San Francisco, California."
"Perfect. I'll come round in a couple of days."
"It's a date then." Lillith said brightly.
"Sure. Good bye Lillith." Bill said softly and sadly.

***

"Bye Bill." Lillith said into the phone. She hung up and he soon after pressed the 'end call' button. Bill smiled when he heard his made up name; the last time he heard it was when he was younger; when the druggies at school called him Two Dollar Bill. Bill was slouched in a couch being a somewhat grouch. He suddenly decided he needed a refreshment so he headed straight for the fridge. After glancing an eye over meatloaf and leftovers; Bill found what he was looking for. He took the brown bottle from out of the cold and he clicked the cap off with a satisfying tissch. Bill leaned against the kitchen counter top whilst taking the first swig.

Her voice sounded so beautiful he thought. I bet she would be beautiful, having Adrienne's genes of course. How old must she be? 14-15? 14 years of not knowing your own baby girl? It was insane, he thought. Why did Adie keep her away from me?

Once he finished his deep thoughts, Bill's bottle was nearly empty. He sighed. He drank the last drop and placed the worthless bottle on the draining board. He walked over to the couch and sat back down on it. He picked up the memo pad and shoved the pen back into the pencil pot which was on the coffee table before him.
"22 Sunset Boulevard, San Francisco, California." Bill muttered. He stood up again; memo sticking to his fingers. He walked to the fridge again and stuck the paper to the white metal of the cooler.
"22... Sunset Boulevard." Bill muttered again.

Bill headed for the stairs and made his way to the master bedroom. On his way he passed his oldest son's room; 'Josephs Room so keep the hell OUT!!' was written in Sharpie on the white door. Joey was fourteen now and Bill had to be careful when he came into his sons room. Bill knocked. A moan came from inside; then a muffled almost recognizable "Come in" came from behind the door. Bill poked his head around the now ajar door and gave Joey a cheeky grin.

"I hope you haven't got any girls in here. If you do I'll join in!" Bill chuckled.
"Dad, how the hell can I have a girl in my room when all they're interested in is you? All I get all day is: 'Oh you're dad's Billie Joe!! Can I have his autograph?' or 'Can I have a lock of his hair?' and sometimes it's: ' I NEED a piece of his underwear!!!" Joey said in a girly falsetto voice, "It's never for me! It's never 'Oh Joey! I love you! Can I please have a kiss?' They don't love me for me, they love me for you."
"I'm sorry Joey... Do they really ask for my underwear?" Bill asked him in disbelief.
"Never mind!" Joey spat as he hid his head underneath his pillow
.
Bill sighed and sat next to Joey on the bed. He placed a hand on Joey's shoulder. Bill leaned over him and smiled.
"I remember what it was like when I was your age. I hated everything and everything went wrong. My girlfriend didn't speak to me, everyone thought I was a loser. Everytime I tried to hit on a girl she just quickly walked away. But I want you to know that you will find her. She could be anyone and be anywhere. I found mine backstage; asking for a CD!"
"And I still haven't got it." Said a voice from Joey's door.
"But you got the next best thing right?" Bill asked Adrienne.
"True." She replied. Bill stood up and walked over to his wife. He hugged her and gave her a kiss on the lips.
An "Euggh!!!!" came from under the pillow as the kiss turned into a snog, "Please not in my room!!"
"I think we'd better move before he calls the cops!" Bill exclaimed. He grabbed Adie's hand and ran down the landing passing his other son's room.
"Hey, wait Billie! You're gonna say goodnight to Jakob?" Adie asked her rampaging husband.
"Ok." He sighed as he stopped running and walked over to his youngest child's bedroom. Bill peered inside and looked upon the video-gaming Jakob.

"Hey Jake. How's it going?" Bill said as he stood by the bed. Jakob didn't pay any attention; he just stared intently at the screen; engaged by the blood and gore that flashed before his eyes. It was suddenly cut short; blackness filled the room along with a "Noooooooooooo....."
Bill stood triumphant with the power plug dangling from his hand. He had a victorious smirk on his somewhat handsome mug.
"Looking for something?" Bill asked his moaning son.
"Why did you do that you mother fu-"
"Oi! What have I told you about swearing?" Bill scolded as he flung the plug onto the carpeted floor.
""You do it all the time for Pete's sake! And another thing, you're never here to be a father!" Jakob protested as he stood up. He stomped his way over to his curly haired and green eyed dad and looked him in the eye.

"Get out of my room now." Jakob said through gritted teeth, "I have no father."
"Jake... If you want to be like that then so be it. Fine. Then I have no sons." Bill snarled as he left the room.

But I do have a daughter.