Status: Writing when an idea is in my head...

Daughter of Rage and Love

I Don't Want to Know if You're Lonely

"Ahh....Safe." Lillith sighed as she leaned against her closed bedroom door.
Wow...That's a lot of pictures of Dad....Joey thought.
I know Joey, I know. Obsessive Green Day fan over here! Lillith said in her head as she walked over to him and raised her hand up.
Did you ever draw any of me? Joey asked her.
Yes...Yes I did. I'll go get one. And with that she bent down and looked under her bed. She grabbed a large art folder and dragged it out. She unzipped it and let the case unfold. It was filled with even more pictures; one after the other each one a Green Day piece. Some were of Uncle Mikey and others of Uncle Tre and most were of Dad. She flicked through a couple of them and found what she was looking for.
"Here you go." She said as she gave the picture to him, "I hope you like it. You have no idea how hard it is to get a reference photo of yo-"
Lillith's artistic rant was cut short. Joey was hugging her.
"Thank you." he whispered, It's wonderful!
It isn't that good... Lillith confessed.
"But still." He sighed, I love it.
"Did you do one of me?" Jakob asked her.
"I think I did..." Lillith crouched down over her case and looked through her art. She found one of her little brother and promptly gave it to him.
"Wow. You've seriously got some sick skills..." He commented with enthusiasm.
"Meh. It's what I do."
*****
Billie Joe, Adrienne, Darren and Amelia were sat around the breakfast table; the meagre spoils of the previous meal still spread out and evident on the wooden surface. They were discussing things rather politely; but both parties had a tingling venom in their diologue and an anger or guilt pulsating through their hearts. The Armstrongs wanted Lillith to stay with them; she was their biological daughter after all. She had a family waiting for her; a mother who cared; two brothers more than ready to have her move into the room nextdoor and a father. A rock star maybe but nonetheless a father.
The Smiths weren't backing down. They were gonna get every single penny they could suck out of those punks if it took all night. Sure, they didn't need Lillith; in fact Amelia hated her. They never got on, they constantly fought, both quarreling when they saw each other.
"It would be best," Billie began saying, "If Lillith could stay over with us permanately. She's not happy here, I can tell. You don't need her."
"We promise we'll take care of her. She is my daughter after all." Adie commented.
"Yeah but where were you those 14 years? Huh? Where were you Adrienne? Did you just think, oh I'm lonely, I'll just take her back." Amelia spat.
"Excuse me, I loved her. I still love her. For reasons known I couldn't keep her. I dearly wanted to. I wanted to raise her but you know what, there's a little thing called reality. Joey and Lillith are twins. We were expecting one child and then they both came into the picture. And you know what, I trusted her to you. I thought, yes, they'll take care of her, they'd make her into a person worthy of this world and you know what, you failed." Adrienne said in tears. She, unlike Amelia, was experiancing true heartbreak.
"The last time I saw you, you ran away from your baby and left without a trace! I've been here, 24/7 for that girl and this is the thanks I get?" Amelia protested. Darren put an arm on her shoulder. Calm down, he mouthed. Billie wrapped an arm around his beloved Adie and comforted her. He then looked Amelia in the eye.
"How much?"
"Excuse me?" Amelia asked.
"How much to get you to sign the right papers?"
"Our signature can't be-"
"Amelia please, Lilly has never been happy here. She might as well be with her real parents. Think about it." Darren pursuaded his wife, "What ever you think right Mr. Armstrong."
"Are you serious?!?" Amelia hissed as Billie got his cheque book from out of his pocket. He snatched a pen from the table and flicked to a clean page. He scribbled a number down and other details and tore it out. He passed the cheque to Darren to inspect; Darren smiled and uttered a thank you.
"We accept."
"Thank you." Billie said with infinate gratitude.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took so long to update!