Status: Writing when an idea is in my head...

Daughter of Rage and Love

See The Light

Lillith was dreaming; she found herself in the Garden of Eden; surrounded by exotic flowers and and plants. The trees bared fruit and the animals freely ate them. Everything was perfect; except for the big fat brute that was eating a whole mountain of food. How had her younger brother get into her fairytale dream? Her brother; in fairytale and real life; was a fat, ugly, spoilt brat with blue eyes and blonde hair. Lillith had always wondered if she was adopted because she looked totally different to him. Her brother could eat a whole tub of popcorn without any help at all; he could drink a whole bottle of Coca Cola in under a minute with ease. He was a food-guzzling, TV-watching waste of space and Lillith hated him. Even though he was three years younger than her he would always receive the best of everything. He was called 'Lardy' Larry, a nickname Lillith gave him since he developed a liking for food.
In the dream Lillith ran away from him; not caring where she ran too. Her feet were light and nimble; as if they didn't even touch the ground. Lillith was only partly clothed in the dream. She wore a bra made of flowers and leaves and a bikini bottom made of vines and spiderweb lace. She didn't wear any shoes; she like the feeling of dew on the balls of her feet and grass between her toes. She kept on running and suddenly she hit something.
Lillith shook her head and looked up. She saw the face of a handsome boy; with green eyes and curly brown hair. He was dressed in a white robe and orange hi-tops. For all Lillith cared he could of had wings on his back because he was her angel. He crouched down to her height; she had fallen when she hit into him.
The angel stood her up and placed his hands on her shoulders. He leaned closer to Lillith; he lightly kissed her on the forehead. Then he kissed her on both closed eyelids and touched her lips with his.

"Oi! You, bonehead!"
"Wha? Oh it's you, dingus." Lillith said as she woke up on the floor.
"Shut up." Lardy said as he kicked Lillith in the side, "Some guy's here, says he wants to see you."
"Thanks Lardy. Tell him I'll be down in a second, I need to get ready." She said as she stood up. Lardy walked out of her room leaving behind a trail of cookie crumbs; Lillith heard him shouting from the top of the stairs.
"You'll have to wait for her mister. Girl stuff." He shouted.
A muffled OK came from downstairs.
Lillith walked over to her mirror; to be met with a rather messy reflection. She grabbed her hairbrush and redid her hair; making it fluffy at the back and neat at the front. She pulled up her stripy monochrome socks and tied up the laces on her hi-tops. Lillith decided to keep the black skirt she was wearing on; she just put a red tutu on underneath. She changed her t-shirt; whilst switching garments she used her deodorant. She now wore a white t-shirt which was printed with a gothic skeleton. Lillith couldn't be bothered with make-up; but she did reapply her eyeliner. She disappeared out of her bedroom and near enough skipped down the stairs. Lillith stopped before entering the kitchen; she heard her parents talking to someone.

"I promise you she'll be fine. I won't harm a single hair on her head." Lillith walked into the kitchen; her gaze was met with the visitors. He was dumbstruck; behind his sunglasses his eyes were wild with amazement. He was wearing a leather jacket and underneath that a red t-shirt. His legs were clad in black denim and he wore creepers on his feet. His head sported a black baseball cap and most of his face was hidden by stylish sunglasses. Lillith walked over to a nearby counter top and opened a packet of brioche. She tore off a piece and popped it into her mouth. She swallowed it and began to speak.
"So, What's your name, where'd you come from?" She said buoyantly.
"I'm Bill, we talked over the phone the other day." He replied lightly.
"Oh...oh yeah. So, why are you here?" She asked Bill.
"I just wanted to take you out. You know. Just to explain things a little." Bill said as he stood up out of his seat.
"Ok. So Mom, can I go?" Lillith asked.
"Sure be back at two. You can get your own lunch." Her mom said absentmindedly over her cooling coffee.
"Thanks." Lillith muttered. She walked over to the stairs and grabbed her hoodie; weather was unpredictable in San Francisco. She and Bill walked out of the front door; Lillith didn't even say goodbye as she left.
"Is your mom always like that?" Bill asked Lillith as they made their way to the sidewalk.
"Well she's like that with me - Woah! Is that your car?!?!" Lillith bursted as she saw the shiny chic vehicle parked by the road.
"Yeah. It's a pile of crap." Bill answered as he looked for his keys in his pocket.
"It's so pretty..." Lillith said mesmerized. It was pretty. The vintage, good old fashioned American Ford was pristine white with shiny silver chrome accents. The windows were slightly tinted; you could only just make out the leather seats inside. The wheels were black with intricate spoke alloy covers and the whole car was chunky and streamlined all in the same moment. Lillith fell in love with it. When Bill finally found the keys he opened the car and let Lillith into the passenger seat. She slid into the the luxury interior and looked in amazement. The inside looked strangely familiar; the red leather seats; the wooden polished dashboard; the white slim steering wheel. She had seen it before; as in an old half forgotten photograph or distant memory. She felt weird in the car; like she was meant to be sat in the front seat. There wasn't much clutter; Lillith predicted that Bill loved his 'pile of crap'. Bill turned the key in the ignition and soon they were moving along.

"Ok, so where do you wanna go? Your call." Bill asked her.
"Well... we could go to the park..." Lillith muttered.
"You don't wanna go there. How about we go to a record store?" He suggested.
"Okay."
"What kind of music do you like?" Bill said hopeful.
"I like... you know... good music. You know Green Day, My Chem, Paramore, All Time Low, Panic At The Disco, Emily's Army... whatever really. Anything but pop or rap." She said shivering at the last line. Lillith looked up at Bill; he had a triumphant smile on his face.
"So... do you play?" He asked.
"Umm... I can play guitar, kinda. You know, just learning a few chords on my old acoustic. My mom tried to teach me piano but I gave up." Lillith admitted shyly; she was embarrassed about the fact she had little musical prowess.

Lillith looked out the window; her gaze was met with strangers who were looking at the fancy car she was riding in. She the streets and boulevards of San Francisco; the Golden Gate bridge in the distance; the familiar shops and cafes. Bill kept on driving; leading them to whoever knew. They drove further and further away from the mainstream streets; till they near enough reached the back of the famous city. Bill parked the car and put the alarm on. Lillith guessed Bill didn't trust the people around those parts.
Both of them stepped out of the car ; Lillith found the sign with the streets name on it. San Pablo Avenue. Bill stuffed his hands into his pockets after he locked the car; he looked so natural as he walked down the street; like he owned the place. Lillith near enough had to run to keep up with him. Bill suddenly stopped. Lillith looked up. They were stood outside a store called 'Dave's Record Shop'. Bill turned to Lillith and sighed; it had been ages since Bill had been there. The last time was when he was younger. He remembered saving up his allowance to buy a train ticket. He and his friend would travel to that very street; they would enter that very shop and browse its vast library of timeless records. He never had enough money to buy any of the countless vinyls inside; but each one inspired him in some way.

"Ladies first." He said as he opened the store door.
"Thank-you." Lillith said as she entered.
She stood there in amazement; her eyes filled with wonderment. All around her were aisles of vinyls and CDs; each by a legendary band or an almost mythical group. Lillith wandered around the store; riffling through old singles and records.
She found a record she had always wanted; Green Day's very first EP. She immediately fell in love with it when she first saw it. Lillith looked at the price; $15. She had nothing on her; neither did she have it at home. She put the record back; her heart heavy with sadness.
Bill meanwhile was talking to the guy behind the counter; he looked a lot like the guitarist from Guns & Roses; without the top hat of course. Both of them talked like they were best mates; like they had known each other forever.
"So, hove you been Billie?" The storekeeper asked.
"I've been good. You know, just came off a tour. Saw the world. That sorta thing. You?" Bill replied.
"Ah business as usual. i.e. no one at all. Seems kids these days don't want to listen to real music. Rather listen to some crap pouring out the Man's ass." Dave replied.
"I agree with you there. I'm just glad Lillith likes my stuff. You know... I feel so bad for her. She hasn't had me around and yet she knows me. I guess it'll be easier when I tell her." Bill said.
"Well anyway, good luck. You know how teenagers are." Dave advised.
"Thanks Dave." Bill said.
"By the way, you made one good looking kid." Dave commented as he peered around the shelves to look at Lillith.
"I'll tell Adie that. And stop looking at her. She's mine." Bill said half serious.
He walked over to Lillith; she was rooting through a shelf of classic rock vinyls.
"So... you find anything?" He asked her.
"No... Well yes. I found a record I've always been looking for." She answered looking up to him.
"Which one was it?"He asked her.
"Just Green Day's first EP." Lillith said.
"You really like them don't you?" Bill said as he took his hands out of his pockets.
"Well I am quite obsessed with them. I heard Basket Case when I was three and when I was ten, American Idiot was the one song on my cell phone that I truly loved. I guess if I didn't have Green Day, or Billie Joe for that matter, I'd be listening to Hannah Montana. And if I was listening to that bitch I'd get a gun and shoot myself." Lillith confessed with all her heart.
"You know, I have that record somewhere. Heck I even know the guy who wrote the songs." Bill said as one of his hands reached for his glasses.
"You know Billie Joe? Honest to God?" Lillith said almost breathless.
"I am Billie Joe." He said simply as he took off his sunglasses; revealing his powerful, magical, seductive green eyes.