The Tragedy of Love.

The Greatest Tragedies.

"George Bernard Shaw once wrote that there are two great tragedies in life - one is to lose your heart's desire, and the other is to gaining it.
"It seems a funny thing to say, that gaining something you truly desire is a tragedy. But he's got a point, I mean, what if the thing you wish for more than anything in the world is totally, utterly and fantastically unreachable? There are some things you cannot force; some things that are never meant to be. Impossilities."
The girls pauses for breath. She looks her audience in the eyes, taking in the faces. She knows every one of them, but, God, she's so nervous.
She opens her mouth again, her bright, wide eyes glittering with ambition, and possibly adrenaline, "there are some who will argue that nothing is impossible, that you simply have to believe, or that you simply have to love. But what about when love is not enough? How do you grasp your desire with one hand, and the rest of your life with the other? To what extent can you be pushed before you break?
"Sometimes, we have to uncurl our fists; let go of half of what we are juggling, and chase the other. So begins the second the tragedy, because you lose either way. Either you give up what you have been searching, praying, and yearning for, or you give up your life.
"I don't mean that you die physicaly, but you may have to give up your family, your friends, or whatever your life is. And all to chase a dream?"
She stops again; her voice is slightly hoarse.
"Of course, he may have been talking about losing love, and nothing else, so everything I've just spoken is completely out of context.
"But, personally, I think he still had a point, no matter what on Earth he was talking about. And I also think that if he was talking about love, then birng me the tragedy of falling into it, and falling deeply, because I would rather suffer the tragedy of losing love, than to be eternally alone. Thank you."