Status: Completed

Irrational and Stupid

87th day

“Guilty!” The judge's final verdict came out, Damian Beau was going to jail, for domestic violence. Claire Beau and Andrew Beau were allowed to stay at the Hope's until they had the money to get back on their feet, or could gain custody of the house.
“Yes!” Skylar cheered along with the rest of the courtroom, she kissed Andrew on the lips, both of them couldn't be happier at that moment.
“Oh! Look at the happy couple! A Kodak moment for sure!” And with that there was a snap and a flash of light, the two of them turned around to see Raine smiling one of her smiles, and she was jumping up and down with her new Polaroid camera, “Here you can have the picture!” She handed the picture to Skylar.
“Thanks, Raine,” Skylar smiled at her, She pulled Raine into the hug with her and Andrew.
“Were one big happy family, aren't we?” Raine giggled and then Andrew laughed with her, soon Skylar joined in as well.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

After the court room cleared out, Andrew took Skylar by the hand and they ran to the clearing, it was starting to get Autumn colors, but they went straight to the tree in the center. Skylar noticed the blood stains.
“What happened?” Skylar looked at Andrew with worried eyes, she'd seen scars but she thought they were from his father
“Nothing...” Andrew quickly looked away.
“Please tell me...” Skylar choked out, almost crying, “Please...” Andrew said nothing but took out his pocket knife and carved next to the heart, 'I promise, 4ever Babe :)'. Skylar watched intently, and saw bits of blood on the knife, “Babe, do you hurt yourself?” Tears started to flow down her cheeks silently
“I'm sorry,” Andrew put the knife away and held Skylar close comforting her, trying to make her understand, “I haven't recently, just two months ago when you left that was the last time I did, I swear I won't do it again, I promise,”
“Pinky promise,” Skylar wrapped her pinky around his.
“I pinky promise,” They smiled at each other and watched the sun set.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?