Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

epiphany

(Alex POV)
I lean back in my chair and readjust my hair for the millionth time. The soda machine in the corner whirrs quietly and random little kid giggled emerge from the sectioned-off PlayPlace. The smell of greasy fries completes the McDonald's enviroment. 
"Yeah man, she comes out of fucking nowhere and just smacks me across the face. I had no idea what the fuck had just happened."
Jack stares at me as he slowly chews his limp fries. He looks as though he's trying to get something through to me. I'm not getting his message so I give him a blank stare. After a moment he says, "Oh my fucking god, get it through your amazing hair-covered head. She LIKES you. She slapped you because she was jealous of that blond bitch you were with."
"Kaylee."
"What?"
"The blond bitch? Her name's Kaylee."
"That's not the fucking point, Alex. Taylor has a huge crush on you, aren't you gonna do anything about it?"
"What should I do? This is so complicated." I slump back down and absentmindedly play with the toy that came with Jack's Happy Meal. 
He takes a while to reply and plays with his streaked hair. "Okay, you have the rest of this week to figure this out. But the main thing is, do you like Taylor?
I take a moment to think. "I really don't know right now. I guess I just need some time to think about it."
I get up and throw the trash out, passing the PlayPlace. Looking at the carefree kids playing inside makes me wish for a time when life was easy and the hardest decision you had to make was choosing between green-yellow and yellow-green. 
---
The next week is a blur of music, moshing, and alcohol. But no girls; after every show, I'd head straight to the bus and try to ignore the moaning coming from the other bunks. The funny thing was, I couldn't get Taylor off my mind. The entire time I'm thinking off when we did this or when she did that. I guess I had never stopped to realize how amazing she is; I just took her for granted. 
After the final show, I grab Jack before the party starts.  
"Hey man, I've been thinking a lot about this."
Jack nods at me, encouraging me to go on. 
"I think that I do like Taylor. I'm gonna tell her when we get back."
"Awesome," Jack thumps me on the back, a huge grin on his face. 
"Hey, my friend here just grew some balls!" He yells at some random passerby. 
He turns back to me. "C'mon, let's go gets trashed!"
With a wild whoop, we dance into the crowd, drinks held high, and I feel better than I've been Ina while.   
 
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if it's messed up, I did this frm my iPod
I would really really really like it if you guys commented
just a little something would be fine
*pwease*
thank you (: