Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

trouble in paradise

(Taylor POV) 
Bright sunlight penetrates my closed eyelids and I stretch as I get up. Or at least try to stretch; most of my body is stuck under Alex's sleeping form. I rub a bit at the crusty mascara in the corners of my eyes and brush a few pretzel crumbs of my shirt before pushing Alex off me with a grunt. He stirs a bit, but goes back to sleep. I hover over him before leaning down to give him a quick kiss on the forehead, brushing his chocolate brown bangs off his forehead. 
I turn and become slightly disconcerted for a moment before realizing I was at Jack's house. Last night, I must've dozed off during our chick flick marathon, somewhere around Legally Blonde and Mean Girls. I stumble over a few pillows on the ground and walk unsurely into a hallway. I'm looking for a bathroom but I feel like I'm an intruder. Turning around, I don't register the kindly woman behind me until I crash into her, the neatly folded towels in her hands flying in every direction. I apologize breathlessly as I quickly help her gather the strewn-about mess. 
"I am SO sorry," I say for the 50th time and the lady looks up and smiles a kind smile. 
"It's alright," she pats my arm, "don't worry about it."
"And sorry. For just falling asleep on your couch, I mean. Mrs. Barakat, right?"
"Yes, it's completely fine. You're one of Jack's friends, right?"
"Yes. Sorry, again, but can you tell me where the bathroom is?"
"You apologize too much! Don't worry, the bathroom's the second door on the right. Yes, right there."
I watch her short frame bustle out of sight and wonder how long-legged Jack could be related to her. After I finish freshening up, I walked back to the living room to find Jack's mom attempting to clean up the mess we had made last night.  
"Here, let me help you," I say, picking a pillow off thr grou d and placing correctly on the sofa. 
"Oh no, honey, I got it. Why don't you go and eat with the boys? I made waffles."
"Thank you, Mrs. Barakat." I skip into the kitchen and find Alex and Jack sitting at the breakfast bar, sword-fighting with forks. I laugh and pull out a stool next to Alex, piling my plate high with steaming waffles. 
"Good morning, sunshine," Alex says before planting a syrupy kiss on my cheek. I grin back at him, rubbing the sticky spot on my face. 
"What about meeee?" Jack whines and Alex leans over and kisses Jack with a loud 'smack.' We finish our breakfast and as I'm putting the empty plates in the sink, I notice the time on the clock above my head. 
"Jack, tell your mom thanks for eerything, the breakfast was incredible. I have to go now."
"Aww. Bye then." Jack gives me a hug and I promise to come again. 
"Bye, Alex." I hug him too and I turn to leave. 
"I'll call you later," he calls after me. 
"Okay."
I say good-bye to Mrs. Barakat and thank her again before driving back home. Judging by the closed windows and no movement, my mom's still asleep. 
Figures.
I let myself in and close the door as quietly as possibly, trying not to disturb the serenity of the quiet home. No such luck. My phone beeps loudly, startling me for a second but I press 'send.' Alex said he'd call, but I didn't he'd call so soon.
"Hey Alex, miss me already?"
"What?"
"Oh, it's you."
Cameron sounds a bit mad, "'Oh, it's you.' Geez, glad to talk to you too. Like I haven't been gone for a week."
I rushed to explain. "I thought you were, umm, someone else."
"Yeah, our "friend" Gaskank," she replied icily.
Oh shit, I'd forgotten that Cameron still didn't know. "Umm, well a lot has happened while you were gone."
"What are you trying to say here, Taylor?" Suspicion oozes from every word. 
"Uhh...meandalexaredatingnow?" The words come out rushed together and sounding like a question. 
Cameron takes a moment to register what I just said and I feel suffocated by the silence. 
When does finally say something it's a just a quiet "Why?" not the screechy freak-out I was expecting. "Well, he asked me yesterday when I was at-" I'm cut off by the tirade I was expecting earlier. "Why are you doing this to yourself? You're just setting yourself up for heartbreak. I know Gaskarth may be infatuated with you right now, but soon he'll get tired of it. You saw the effect he had on you when you found him with that random whore; you're just gonna be a notch on his bedpost." 
This time I cut her off, my voice louder than it needs to be. 
"Who are you to tell me who I can and can't date?! And I thought you said you were okay with us that night."
"That was before you came sobbing back like a little child because wittle Awex didn't wike you back. Boo fucking hoo."
I'm seething with anger at this point; I don't even know how it escalated to this.   
"Well, Cameron, thanks but no thanks. I don't need you telling what to do with my life. So get over yourself and your little problem with Alex. Good-bye." I stab the 'end' button and suddenly feel defeated. I look up to see my mom, wearing an expression of a deer caught in headlights. 
"D-do you wanna talk about it?" she trys but I brush past her impatiently and head to my room. 
"No," I call over my shoulder, not feeling bad about it. I angrily flop over on my bed and stare at the ceiling just like I did on the first day I moved in. And like I had on that day, I fell asleep, unhappy and alone. 
  
♠ ♠ ♠
another ipod update
there may or may not be another update tonight
...well, it depends on if I fall asleep haha

side note: did anyone see the Straight to DVD trailer?
because all I could think during the entire thing was
oh. my. fucking. god.