Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

truce

It was the second day in a row that I had woken up with a smile on my face. And today was Monday.
I happily pulled on a gray hoodie and black skinnies. Pulling on my matching Vans, I quickly ran a brush through my hair and grabbed some dry toast out of the toaster.
I stepped outside just as Jack's car pulled up and I bounded inside and gave a quick hello kiss to Alex and a hey to Jack.
We were a little early so Alex went to get something for us to eat from the café and Jack had to go to talk to some teacher. I decided to go grab my books then meet up with the guys. I was taking my books out when I felt someone hovering behind me. Thinking it's Jack, I slammed my locker and turned saying,"Jack, stop creeping ar-oh, it's you." Cameron standing there, clutching the straps of her tote bag with her eyes on the ground. I desperately tried to stay mad at Cameron but I couldn't. Hanging out with guys all the time has been quite the experience and I just missed her. But I definetly wasn't going to let her see that.
"Hey." She says, eyes still glued to the dirty floor.
"Hey," I say back and the silence got more awkward.
We're standing in the middle of the empty hallway, looking everywhere but at each other when Cameron surprised me.
"I'm sorry. I had no right to say those things and I feel really bad. Friends again?"
I resisted the urge to hug and forgive her.
"I don't know, Cameron."
"Really, I'm sorry. I've seen how cute you guys are together and besides that, I've missed you. A lot."
"Yeah, I've missed you too," I confess and she finally looks up at me and gives a hopeful grin. I smile widely back and hug her. The second we pull away we start squealing about everything we missed in our friendship's three-day hiatus.
Jack comes up with a confused look on his face. "I. Do. Not. Understand. Your. Girlspeak," he says haltingly then smiles. "I see you two are friends again."
I smile and hug Cameron again as a reply. Jack joins our embrace.
"What's going here?" Alex's voice echoes down the emtpy hallway. We untangle from the group hug and turn to him, arms still around each others shoulders. He smiles then notices Cameron squished between me and Jack. His smile falters into a look of fear and it feels as though the air has been sucked out of the narrow hallway. I sneak a glance at Cameron who has a surprisingly neutral mask on. I bound forward and take Alex by the hand.
"Cameron, this is my boyfriend, Alex," I introduce them as if they're just meeting.
"Uh, we already kno-."
I cut off Alex with a glare and wait as Cameron slowly extends her hand in a truce. Alex, throughly confused, takes it and after a quick shake, drops it quickly. The silence that was hovering finally descends on the awkward scene. So caught up in the exchange, we hadn't noticed the slowly increasing population of the hallway until the 5-minute bell sounded above our heads.
Saved by the bell.
Suddenly, we all started talking about the class we were going to be late to and hurriedly walked from the scene. As I power walk to Spanish, a bright flyer catches my eye, the words PROM emblazoned across the top. Grabbing it, I stuff it into my bag to look at later.
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm…I wonder what's gonna happen (;
thank you to everyone that's commented and/or subscribed
I send love in the form of virtual cupcakes
keep commenting+subscribing (: