Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

prom?

“HA!” I shouted, slamming down the carton of milk. “Fifteen seconds, baby!”
Jack took a few more seconds to completely down his milk before he scowled at me.
“Nuh uh, you had like a ten second head start,” he grumbled.
I stuck my tongue out playfully and paused to burp loudly. From besides me, Cameron wrinkled her nose in disgust as Alex gave me a high-five from across the table. The rest of the cafeteria, and Cameron, probably thought we were weird but I didn't care. I was surrounded by three of my favorite people ever though two of them barely tolerated each other.
Jack and Alex started seeing how far they could flick peas across the room when I felt a nudge. I turned to see Cameron motioning towards the bathroom.
“Hey you guys, we’re going to the bathroom,” I called. Both gave a grunt to acknowledge what I had just said.
Once inside the boy-free zone, Cameron pulled over toward the mirrors and began fixing her make-up.
“So,” she said, her mouth in an ‘O’ as she put on lip gloss, “Chase asked me to prom yesterday.”
“Really? Wow, that’s great, you’ve like him since forever!”
She turned and faced me and give me a exasperated look. “That’s not the point, Taylor. The point is your boyfriend hasn’t asked you yet.”
“Yeah, well, he doesn’t have to ask me. Maybe we’re just supposed to go together.” I shrugged my shoulders though the very thought had been at the back of my head for a while.
“No, honey, he has to ask you.” Cameron sounded so self-assured like she made up the rules.
“Whatever. He can do whatever he wants. C’mon, let’s go now, we’re going to be late.” I grabbed my bag, feeling slightly annoyed. Alex doesn’t have to ask me, I don’t even think that prom is that important to a junior, stuff like this is for senior year.
I walked to my locker and stuffed my bag in and turned just to see Cameron talking to Alex. She turned to see me watching and gave me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and turn my back on her.
*
I putting the last of stuff away at the end of school when I felt someone come up from behind me. I whirled around to find Alex poised to jump on me, looking surprised.
“HA!”
“That’s not fair, I almost had you,” he whined before pulling me in for a warm hug.
“I have something to ask you,” he whispered in my ear before pulling away.
“Wait. Before you go on, did Cameron put you up to this?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.
“No, just listen” he replied. Then got down on one knee.
“Umm, what’s going on?”
He made a shushing motion then began, “Taylor Jasey Parker, will you skip prom? To hang out with me and eat gross fast food while watching cheesy movies form the 80’s?”
“Alexander William Gaskarth, I will! I want to watch bad movies and eat greasy french fries with you!”
“Awesome! This will be the best anti-prom ever!”
♠ ♠ ♠
i really didn't want to write a whole prom scene...
sorry this is so long overdue.
thanks for the comments and subs (: