Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

jealous hearts will leave us all in ruins

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as the bouncing on my bed continued along with some yelling I couldn't quite I understand. I finally blinked enough to see the oversized five year old that is Jack Barakat bouncing around my room. 
"Jackary, what are you doing here so early?" I whined. 
"Early? It's almost 2, Taylor!" He walked over to the window and pushed the curtain a bit. A bright ray of light shone into the cave of my room and I immeadiately dove under my covers. 
"Ahh, close them! Close the curtains!"
Jack chuckled and pushed the curtains all the way back, bathing my entire room in harsh sunlight. 
I reluctantly emerged, temporarily blinded by the sudden light. 
"So, why are you here?" I asked, realizing I had slept in the clothes I was wearing last night. 
"Oh yeah, I had forgotten." He took a breath then beamed. "WE GOT SIGNED!"
I just sat in bed for a second staring at his excited face before jumping out and tackling Jack while squealing how happy I was for them. 
Jack was too happy to mind and we just lay together on my floor laughing until we ran out of breath then we just lay with huge smiles stretched across our faces. 
I sat up on my elbows and looked down at Jack when had both calmed down. 
"This is just so surreal, you know? I never thought we actually could actually do this." He whispered at me, looking right into my eyes and I suddenly was reminded of the way Alex looked at me last night, eerily similar to Jack's gaze. 
"You guys deserve this so much. I know how hard you worked for this, the time and effort you put in. Not to mention they have an amazingly goofy guitarist." I laughed, poking Jack in the ribs, trying to ease the sudden tension between our bodies.
"And you know what else? I forgot to tell you...we're co-headlining a summer long tour!"
"Really?! That's going to be so mu—wait, this summer?" 
"Yup, tour kicks off next week right after school ends."
"You guys are going to gone all summer?" I asked in a small voice. 
"Yeah, the whole east coast, all the way to Texas, even. It's going to amaz—Taylor are you okay?" He said in a worried voice and hurried over to my side. 
He put his arms around my hunched shoulders and gently rubbed my back. 
"Jack, I don't want to guys to leave. No, not for a whole 2 months." I sniffled, "I've had abandonement issues ever since my dad left me and mom when I was five. I'll fall apart if you guys leave."
"Dont worry, Tay, me and Alex will call everday and we'll get you VIP passes when we perform at Recher on the last date so you could hang backstage with us."
"You'd that for me?" I hugged Jack's skinny middle and buried my face into the soft shirt. "Thank you Jacky, your the best."
"Taylor, I'd do anything for you," he said with such a straight face I laughed till I realized he was serious. 
"What?" I asked, searching his face for answers. 
"Taylor, I…can I just do this?" He asked and cupped my face before slowly but surely pressing his lips to mine. I sat in shocked silence for a minute before pulling away. 
"Jack! What are you doing?!" 
"I can't help it! You're just so…you and you're impossible not to like. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." He added, looking away. 
I put my hand on his arm. "Jack. You know I love you so so much. But I don't love you the same way I love Alex." I took a deep breath. "Jack, I told you, my dad just ditching us made it so hard on me and my mom. It was terrible for so long, my mom worked long shifts and I got into trouble so many times because my mom wasn't around. Those were tough times and I could never forgive him for what he did to us. And I know this isn't the same situation but you have idea how important loyalty is to me. I could never do this Alex." I looked down at my hands, feeling defeated after telling him everything. 
He put his arms around me but it was a friendly hug. 
"Okay," he said. 
I smiled up at him and hugged him back.  
"I love you Jack, for understanding and being such an amazing friend." I put a bit of emphasis on the word 'friend' just to get my point across. 
"C'mon, now let's go celebrate!" He said and pulled me up, surprising me by the quick subject change.  
"Woah, slow down." I took a moment to steady myself than grinned at Jack before sprinting out of the room. 
I danced out the front door and turned to stick my tongue out at Jack. 
"Ha! I beat you!" I gloated. 
"No fair! You got a head start!" He scowled, crossing his hands over his chest. 
"I would have beat you anyways," I laughed. 
"True, you're the fastest person I know," He paused for a moment, "Now let's go get the others." 
He began running down the street and I shook my head before jogging after him….and easily catching up. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first off, I know they got signed Valentine's Day of their senior year but I changed it to fit with the story.
Second, I did not plan the events of this chapter, it was supposed to be a boring filler but this happened. However, it gave me a good chance to show something important about Taylor and there some foreshadowing here as well.

Comment/Subscribe! (:

Scream To Be Heard, Like You Needed Anymore Attention