Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

you're gonna regret you left me

(Alex's POV)

The hot taste of beer fanned over my mouth and I took another swig to lose any feeling I had left. I let it wash down, enjoying the slight unsteadiness under my feet, trying to forget the fact that I was blown off. I stumbled down onto a couch to feel hands running down my body and I leaned over to meet something decidedly female by the mouth. I continued with it just to distract me but then I felt someone over me. 
Dazed, I looked to see a shadow, her face illuminated by the flashing lights: high cheekbones and a delicate nose, feathery eyelashes around big, brown eyes. I gaped at the beautiful stranger as she trembled before me. 
The girl besides me said something nasally and I chuckled at the sound. The girl's face suddenly twisted into anger and she reached up and with a flash of her hand something hit me on the face and settled into a light weight on my chest. I blinked slowly as the alchohol loosened it's hold me.
"T-Taylor," I gasped but she was gone. I stumbled to my feet ignoring the human-sized weight that tumbled off. I pushed blindly through the crowd, the snide looks people were tossing at me making me feel worse. 
I was struggling through the throng around the bar when I felt an hand clamp onto my upper arm. I whirled to see Jack. 
I stepped back in fear, his narrowed eyes and tight-lipped mouth scared me. He said nothing but just dragged me out to a deserted corridor.
I weakly tried to say something but I don't think he would've listened.  
He let go of my arm then and pulled out his phone. He spoke quietly and quickly into it then gave me a look to follow him. 
I hurried after him, confused at his stolid behavior but he just stepped out into the whipping rain outside like I wasn't right there. 
I caught up to him in the parking lot and grabbed his shoulder. 
"Jack?"
"Get in the van, Alex," he commanded with a vicious tone I had never heard before.
I slid in shotgun and turned to face Jack who had his hands clenched on the steering wheel. 
"Jack, what the fuck is wrong?"
He stared at me coolly. 
"Do I really have to answer that question for you, Alex?"
"Yes, Jack, please clue me in," I said in the most sarcastic tone I could muster. 
"Why don't you ask the whore you were swallowing?" 
I gritted my teeth and glared at him. 
"It was a fucking mistake okay? I was pissed off and unhappy and there was free alcohol."
"Oh, I see how it is. Because the obvious choice between your girlfriend and alcohol is fucking alcohol, right Alex?"
I wanted to punch him right in his face. 
"Why do care so much, Jack?"
His face turned red. "Because I was lucky enough to have Taylor I would never ditch her for some trashy skank at a party."
I take a moment to understand what he said. 
"You like her don't you. You like Taylor, you like my girlfriend."
Jack looks at me incredously, "Of course I like her, Alex. And I would be so much better for her than you ever will be. And Alex, I don't think she's your grirfriend after tonight."
By now, I'm livid and lost all control ad I lunge at Jack's throat but suddenly two strong hands are holding me back and Rian is yelling. 
"What the fuck is going on here?"
"Nothing. Get inside," Jack growls and I silently sit back and Zack releases me from his iron grip. 
They jump in, making the van shake and give us strange looks but Jack snaps, "Nothing's wrong. Everything's peachy. Peachy."
They're obviously not convinced but they sit back silently. 
Jack starts the car and stomps on the accelerator, making us jerk backwards to a plethora of honking. 
"Easy," Zack mumbles, preoccupied with his phone.
"Who ya texting, Zack? That girl you were macking with earlier," Rian teased. 
"Shuttup," Zack mumbled, hiding his blush. 
I stared straight ahead into the line of unmoving cars, trying to ignore the stony silence between me and Jack. 
Rian and Zack bantered a bit about Zack's new girl before they noticed our lack of movement. 
"Why is their so much traffic?" He groaned. 
"Maybe because a show just ended and everyone's driving home," Jack responded snidely. 
Rian put his hands up as if to surrender and Jack just rolled his eyes. 
We waited a couple more minutes when the wail of sirens pierced the night air. 
Zack nodded, "Ahh probably te police, breaking up some party."
My sirens grew louder and another bulance sped by. Wait, ambulance? Why would an ambulance be going to break up a party?
Rian must've been thinking the same thing because he said, "I think I'll go check out what's going on."
Zack sat up then, "Yeah, I'll come with."
They slammed the door behind them, pulling their jackets over their heads to stay dry and headed towards the noise and lights. 
Me and Jack sat silently, smooth jazz playing softly on the radio. We both reached for the dial at the same time and I hastily drew my hand back. Jack put on some Green Day and I resist the urge to sing along. The song ends for a commercial break when my phone rings, startling me. 
"Alex?" Zack says slowly. 
"Yeah?" I ask fearful of what his tone suggests. 
"I-I'm sorry but the sirens, the ambulance. They were for Taylor. She's...not okay." His voice crackles as the reception weakens. 
My eyes widen and my palms grow slick. 
Next to me, Jack turns with questions in his eyes. 
"W-what?" I manage. 
"Alex, just get over here. The rain's messing with the connection so I'm gonna hang up no—"
The connection fails, cutting him off. I stare the phone in my head, a disbelieving look across my face. 
"Alex, what happened?" Jack asks. 
I sit silently, still looking at the phone. 
"Alex, what just happened? Who called you? Alex, what the fuck is going on?"
Jack is yelling, panic stricken. 
With a snap, I whip off my seat belt and fling open the door. I sprint out into the rainy night, leaving Jack yelling at me through the open door. 
I get closer to the commontion and see a sizeable crowd murmuring sympathies, their eyes downcast. 
I push through them, until I find myself restricted by a strip of yellow tape. 
I consider ducking under but then I see them carrying her around the corner. The paramedics' bodies shield her from view but I catch glimpses of a dark, limp frame. 
As they approach, I see her dripping hair, closed eyes and pallid face and I feel disgusting, being the reason for her pain. Her lower half is a bloody mess and I feel nauseated and I turn into familiar arms. Rian and Zack hug me as I shake, feeling disgusted by my actions. 
"I did this to her. I am the reason for her pain," I cry, attracting attention from the crowd.   
"Hush, you weren't driving the car that hit her," Rian assured. 
"I might as well have with all the pain I've caused. She deserves better than this. She deserves better than me."
With a loud click, the back of the ambulance closes, with Taylor inside, and it's red tail lights flash as it disappears around  the corner, moving farther and farther away. 
And I turn, my back to the and splash through the puddles as silent tears fall  disguised by the rain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm sorry this isn't my
best chapter but I PROMISED
Miranda I'd update, so I did. (:

Uhm, yeah sorry for any grammar, spelling mistakes
Comments are appreciated and I would love for you
to check out my new Garrett Nickeksem story: She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For
Go read, sub, comment on it please (:

That is all. Thank you for your time.