Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

taylor takes a tumble

“Honey,” my mom is poking my arm.
I shake out my hair and massage my stiff neck. Grabbing my bag, I step out of the car, blinking as the bright sun hits my just-opened eyes.
“Welcome to suburbia,” my mom flourishes with her arm to a house identical to the one next to it. I take in the boring brown and sigh. I miss Baltimore already and even though it’s only about 45 minutes from the here, home seems far from this place. Walking inside, the smell of fresh paint assaults me, making my head spin.
“I’m going to go set up my room,” I yell to my mom who is crouched on the floor, examining the tile in the kitchen. Dragging my stuff down the hall, I find a small, square room to my liking. I flop onto the bed, staring at the bare walls. The bareness of the room gets to me and I close my eyes.
My eyes snap open and I sit straight up. I was out for a couple hours and its dark now. I slide out of bed─ only to trip over my bags on the floor. My muffled thud doesn’t wake my mom, whose snoring can be heard through the thin walls. I limp to the bathroom looking for a band-aid when through the open window, I hear the sounds of an acoustic guitar. Looking out, all I can see are the woods behind our development. Checking to see if my mom is still asleep and I put on a hoodie and go outside, following the music.
Stopping at the woods, I hesitate for a moment but follow the sound. For a city girl like me, any type of nature requires survival skills, shown through the way I stumbled through the trees. Crashing through the foliage, the music gets louder and louder until I come across tiny clearing. A tall pile of boulders sits in the middle with a boy playing an acoustic guitar on top. The noise of my arrival makes him look up sharply and his fingers stop strumming. I start to apologize when I realize it’s the boy form the sidewalk.
Apparently, he remembers me too.
“Taylor?” he grins.
“I preferred the shorts,” he adds, looking at my covered legs
My face goes hot, the darkness thankfully hiding my embarrassment.
“I heard your music,” I say, unable to find a good comeback.”
“ Do you like it?” he waggles his eyebrows at me and pats a spot beside.
“You want me to come up there?” my voice trembles a little. I feel dizzy looking up at the height.
“Come on,” he begs, “I want to talk to you some more. I get lonely sometimes.” His puppy-dog eyes are too cute to resist and I relent. I begin careful climbing up the massive rocks, pausing every few seconds to make sure I’m still alive.
“Wait, watch out for that─,” Alex’s urgent tone surprises me and I grab out against the rock he was warning me against. The rest of his sentence is lost on me as I fall, losing my balance. Crashing on to the cold, frozen ground, my ankle makes a cracking noise. The last thing I remember is seeing Alex jumping off the rocks with a concerned look on his face. Then I black out…
♠ ♠ ♠
oooh, how do you like my unepic cliffhanger (:

thanks to all the readers
and special love to cobra9874 , for my first comment

and while your at it, check out my polyvore please: Click!