Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

"say it, don't spray it"

I open my eyes to some really harsh sunlight. The depressing bare walls greet me again. With a loud sigh, I begin to kick off my covers. The slight movement of my ankle causes a sudden painful reaction.
“OWW!” I scream in pain.
“What happened?” A muffled voice mumbles, worriedly. Alex’s bedhead come into view.
“My ankle rea─ Alex, what are you doing here?” Alex is stretched out on the floor, with his hair sticking up in the back.
“Well, it is my fault that you hurt yourself, so I decided to stay make sure that you’re okay…” Alex smiles sheepishly, “I probably should have asked first.”
“No, it’s fine, my mom probably doesn’t even care,” I assure him then hold out my arms.
“Help,” I pout. With a sigh, he drags himself off the ground and carries me to the bathroom. After brushing my teeth and getting changed, I take a look at my ankle again. I realize it was just a slight sprain, definitely not broken. Relieved, I hobble carefully to the kitchen where Alex is helping himself to Cheerios.
“Good news, my ankle’s not broken.” Reaching for the Cheerios, a thought comes to me.
“Alex, do you go to school?”
“Yeah…” he answers, spraying Cheerio bits.
“Dude say it, don’t spray it,” I flick away some Cheerio from my arm, “Well, why aren't you at school?”
His answer is interrupted by his phone.
“Hang on,” he says to me, then walks into the other room. After chewing in silence for a few minutes, Alex comes back and smiles apologetically.
“Hey Taylor, sorry but I have to go.”
“Yeah, that’s cool,” I reply.
“Bye, Taylor.” Then the door closes and I’m alone again. And suddenly, though I was just with him, I miss Alex already.
♠ ♠ ♠
F I L L E R, a really short one too
sorry, major writing block :(
keep commenting/rating/subscribing