Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

broken hearts & second chances

“Please Cammie?” I pout, hugging her perfectly-tanned legs. She looks down at me, begging on the floor and lets out a huge sigh.
“Fine, I’ll go to their stupid show…BUT only because I have nothing better to do.”
“Yes! I love you!” I tackle Cameron in a happy hug.
“Woah! That’s hot,” Alex is leaning in the doorway, a smirk on his face.
“Alex, how did you get in here?” I demand, climbing off of Cameron who is angrily fixing her hair.
“Eh, the door was open.” He walks in and plops down on my bed next to Cameron, who immediately gets up.
“I just realized I had better places to be. Bye Taylor, see you tomorrow. Later asshole.” She storms out, leaving me and Alex staring at each other.
“Hey,” he says, shrugging his shoulders, “I did nothing.”
“Alex! I really needed to talk to her! And you come in and ruin everything!”
Alex looks at me confused, “Well, okay if you want me to leave.” I grab his arm.
“I’m sorry I snapped at you. I just have a lot on my mind…” I flop over dramatically and stare up at Alex through my bangs. His face relaxes and he sits back down. In the background, Britney’s singing her heart out.
And they say,
she's so lucky, she's a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart, thinking
If there is nothing missing in my life
Then why do these tears come at night.

“You listen to some crap music,” Alex jokes.
“Yeah, well I am coming to see your band tomorrow, aren’t I?” I tease back.
“Touché,” Alex replies. We sit in silence, smiling stupidly at each other. Alex looks so cute in his red shirt and matching Nikes, a bandana crookedly tied around his messy brown hair. Yesterday’s resolution comes back to me and I open my mouth before I chicken out.
“Umm, Alex?”
“Yeah?”
“You’re a great friend and you’ve done so much for me these past few days, I’ve realized something.”
“Yeah?” He leans closer, his brown eyes staring intensely into mine. It’s completely silent: the music’s stopped.
“And I just wanted to, um, tell you,” I pause and swallow hard, “Alex, I think I lo─”
A loud slam interrupts my confession and we flinch away from each other. A moment later, Cameron’s tall frame storms into my room.
“I left my purse,” she announces, picking her tote off the floor. She turns to leave again.
“Wait! I was just going,” Alex slides off my bed, does a weird half-wave and leaves without another word. Cameron hovers over me then decides to sit, putting her arms over my shoulders.
“Hey, you okay? Did you tell him?” Her soft tone surprises me and I squeeze my eyes tight and try to shake what just happened from my head. Something had happened, right? Putting on my best fake smile, I respond, “I’m fine.”
She looks doubtful but lets it go and starts talking about some reality show. I can tell she’s trying to distract me from an inevitable dark mood. I smile and nod, but inside I was dying. What would have happened if Cameron hadn’t barged in right then?
As I run early the next morning, I decide to try to tell him again, after his show, like the original plan. Then I just stop thinking and run, losing myself in the rhythm of speed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Easter!
i was going to post this yesterday, i had it all typed out
but better late than never!
keep reading and comment please!
tell me what you think so far