Status: cancelled.

I've Never Told A Lie

my friends are everything

Backstage was a mess. Three times the size of the stage, and packed with people, most of which were drunk. I quickly slipped through the crowd, hoping to find Alex before it became impossible. In my head, I rehearsed what I was gonna say. I was lost in my thoughts that I turned a corner and ran right into Jack.
“Tay-Tay!” He held out his long arms for a hug. I backed from his sweaty pits.
“Maybe next time, Jacky,” I promised him. “Do you know where Alex is?”
“Umm, I saw him over there last,” Jack pointed to a hallway behind me. “Well, I’m gonna try and sneak a few beers. Want to me to get one for you?”
“No, I actually have to drive home.”
“Okey-dokey then. Bye!” Jack disappeared into the less-than-sober crowd, which was getting wilder by the second.
Hoping not to get trampled or get anything spilled on me, I managed to get to the hallway Jack had pointed out without any disasters. Peeking down the dimly lit hallway, I couldn’t see anyone and discouraged, I turned to leave. Suddenly, I heard a girlish giggle coming from my left. A dark doorway was hidden in the gloom and I followed the noise to a dark alley. Careful not to step on the numerous beer bottles scattered on the ground, I come to a couple who were making out, about four articles of clothing away from being naked.
Embarrassed, I took a step back towards the exit and my foot lands directly on one of the discarded bottles. I hardly had a chance to react before I land on the cold ground with a loud thump. The noise is enough to make the PDA-happy couple stop their tongue sex and look towards the source of the commotion.
Scrambling to my feet, my face turns a shade of red that’s probably visible in the dark. I stammer out a quick apology with my eyes on the ground and hope to make a quick escape.
“Tayylorrr?” A familiar voice slurs. I snap my head up.
“Alex?”
Sure enough, a disheveled Alex is sitting there with a barely-dressed blonde who is staring at me angrily. Probably because I've interrupted the best thing that will ever happen to her.
Whore. My eyes narrow.
“Heyy. Tayylorrr, howjda like the showw?” Alex is still talking to me, a half-empty bottle of beer swinging from his hands. He pushes the groupie off his lap and she walks off in a huff, her ridiculous heels clacking away loudly in the silence. Alex is still smiling at me drunkenly and noticing my blank expression, comes toward me, stumbling a bit.
“You look like you need a hu─,” His sentence is interrupted by my hand which whips through the air, smacking his cheek with a loud noise. He reaches up to touch the spot, red marks are already visible. His brown eyes harden as I stand in shock. What I had originally come to do, is the last thing on my mind right now.
“Fuck you.” My voice is so low, I can barely hear it myself. Then I turn and run out of the room, barely holding it together. As I leave Alex behind, my tears begin to fall and I stumble into a musty, vacant room and slump against a wall, sobbing until I feel like throwing up. I keep Alex and that slut going at it, over and over in my head. A mean voice whispers, Overreact much? He probably thinks you’re crazy now. He didn't even know you liked him.
Ignoring the truth, I pick up my purse which is sticky from spilled beer and dig through it and retrieve my phone. Dialing Cameron’s number, she picks up on the last ring. I try to keep my voice from shaking.
“Cameron?”
I can hear Cameron’s voice yelling over the background noise but I can’t understand a word. Then she must have moved to a quieter area because I hear her say, “Taylor?”
I feel as my throat’s closed up. I find my voice and speak, despair obvious in my voice. “Cameron, I fucked up so bad. Please, I just want to go home.”
“Oh honey, are you okay? What happened, did he say something? Taylor? Taylor?!”
I cry softly into the phone and hug my knees closer to my chest.
“Can you come get me?” My voice is heartbreakingly small in the dark expanse of the empty room.
“Hang on, Taylor, I’ll be right there,” Cameron assures. I put my head back against the wall and squeeze my eyes shut, willing the tears to stop. A small noise near the door makes me look up and a second later, I'm being enveloped in a warm Victoria’s Secret hug. Cameron draws back with a concerned look in her amber eyes. I slowly lift my head up, revealing my mascara-streaked state.
“Oh no, honey,” Cameron murmurs, stroking my hair.
I shake my head slowly, “Cameron. He was with some girl and I went all jealous bitch on him. He probably hates me now. Oh my god, Cameron, I want to crawl into a hole.” I keep talking, hiccupping through the disaster of the night. When I’m done, Cameron squeezes my hand tightly and silently helps me too my feet.
“C’mon, let’s go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm sorry this sucks :(
please please please please comment!

and because this story is kinda about the song "Jasey Rae"
i included this video to make up for the sucky chapter

(lol at the girl who sings along near the end)