Frank's Last Words

Still Loving Him

“Congratulations.” Frank said. If he’d been shocked or surprised about this news he didn’t show it, it was almost like he already knew thought Lily.

But she didn’t say thank you like she perhaps should have, being away from Zach’s gaze for the evening had made her realise how much she hated being with him and she had to seriously think about doing something about it.

Over to the left she could see one of MCR’s ‘heavies’ just standing there. He was looking over at them constantly watching what they were doing.

“Don’t you get privacy any more?” She said nodding to the guy who was about four stones overweight.

“Occasionally, but not at things like this. I can’t believe we got asked to do the song for this movie Lily, you should have seen Gerard’s face when we got asked.” He looked so pleased and she felt proud for them all.

Glancing over at the huge bodyguard Lily realised how much their lives had changed. He was famous now and girls like those girls that used to stand at the front of the stage had probably grown by so many, he probably could have any woman he wanted, she knew how cute he looked. She was sure he could do exactly what he wanted at the moment.

“I remember you saying it was one of your favourite books and you had an idea that it was going to be made into a movie. Remember?” She said remembering that time at his house when he picked up the book saying he’d read it twice.

“Yeah. I remember. Hey do you know if this C S Wilson guy is here? I’m dying to know what he looks like. I imagine him to be a middle aged guy.”

“Yeah, I’ve seen C S Wilson.” Lily replied forgetting that Frank wouldn’t know that C S Wilson was a woman, let alone her mother.

But the heavy came up and interrupted them.

“Frank we’re going to have to go,” he said. He was obviously listening into some earpiece or other. “They want you to have some more pictures taken out front with C S Wilson.”

She watched his face change and become excited. She loved him so.

“Awesome, now I finally get to meet him.” Frank said grinning widely causing her to smile too. Like it always had done.

“Lily, you’re not leaving yet are you? There’s something I needed to ask you, well we need to ask you. The guys. You were the first person we though of to do it,” he said but couldn’t finish as the heavy was taking his elbow and trying to usher him away.

“No. I’ll be here for a little while longer.” She shouted after him.

Alone again she decided to go to the ladies room, her face was flushed she noticed as she checked herself in the mirror, her neck blotchy.

Turning to check her dress in the long mirror she could just about see the tattoo that she’d had done the day after they’d split up at the base of her back. She just felt the need to get it done and that day she remembered getting the tattoo done she was sure she’d still hear from him, sure he would think about his actions and call her up and get back together again but of course he hadn’t.

Still she hadn’t regretted getting the tattoo done, she adored it but the thing was it reminded her constantly of Frank.

**

They were all standing in front of a huge poster of the movie having their photographs taken, her mother was standing in the centre, smiling and looking so happy. She wondered then about her mother’s conversation with Tre Cool and what had gone on. Hopefully she would get to find out later.

She watched her mother turn to thank all the guys, they were grinning widely and she knew they’d be surprised at who C S Wilson was. Now was the time for them to find out so she walked up to her and gave her the hugest hug.

“You did well Mom, are you OK?” She said ignoring everyone around her. She didn’t care what they thought, this was her mother’s night and she needed her beside her, just like she’d said earlier.

“Thanks sweetheart but John says our car is waiting for us. Shall we go?” She said.

”Of course but…Mom, you never did get to meet Frank and the guys properly did you? Let me introduce you.” She said turning and introducing her Mom properly.

“Oh my god Lily, why didn’t you ever tell us that your mother was C S Wilson?” Said Gerard.

“I didn’t want anyone to know, I loved writing my books but I’m…not good in the public eye. Lily kept my secret for me.” Her mother answered for her then John came over and interrupted them.

“The car’s ready Caroline.” He said ushering her away.

Lily turned to say goodbye to the guys but Frank hardly spoke. She looked at him and he turned away from her.

What’s his problem? She thought. What did it matter to him? He dumped me didn’t he? And with that she swept away after her mother, just wanting to get back to some normality.

She seemed miles away from his world and she wasn’t sure if she was glad or not.

**

That night as she hung her dress up she heard Zach speak.

“Did you see them?” He said. Thank goodness he hadn’t seen her in the dress, she’d got it off before he’d noticed, not that he’d care anyway.

“Who?” She said stalling for time and knowing who.

“Frank and the rest of them. I’m presuming they were there seeing as they’d sung the theme tune. D’you think I’m stupid or something?” He said. She could smell alcohol on his breath and her heart sank.

“Yes, they were they but we hardly spoke. They were busy having photographs taken.” She said. “But they asked after you and said that they hadn’t heard from you for some time.”

“That’s because they’ve changed, they’ve got too big for their boots. We’ve nothing in common with them now have we Lily?” He asked, waiting for her answer as Lily left the bedroom to go to clean her make up off.

“No Zach. We haven’t.” Lily shouted back.

As she wiped her face clean she realised she still didn’t get a chance to talk to Frank properly and to ask him why. She also wondered what they wanted to ask her.

How would she get to find out now she thought as she switched off the bathroom light and got into bed next to a guy she was becoming to despise.