The Summer That Changed Everything

California

"Ready to go girls?" My dad asked while holding the last of the luggage.

"Yes." I replied grabbing my baby sister and her diaper bag and walking out to the SUV. I placed Schuyler (shy-lure) in her seat and fastened her seat belt then walked to the other side of the vehicle and hopped in.

"Got Schuyler?" My mother asked.

"Yeah, she's in her seat."

"Kay, here we go." My dad said as we pulled out of the drive way. I turned on the DVD player that was on the back of the seat in front of Schuyler and put in Sponge Bob, her favorite cartoon.

I put my headphones in and turned on my iPod. It was going to take a couple of hours to reach California since we lived in Nevada. We were going to stay with my mom's sister Olivia for the whole summer. She lives in a nice house right on the beach, which was great because I'd get to go there everyday.

The car ride was long and tiring but we finally made it to her house in 4 hours. My parents carried in the suit cases while I carried Schuyler in on my hip along with her bag.

I met Aunt Olivia at the door and she had a huge smile on her face.

"Oh, Autumn, it's so nice to see you again." She kissed me on the cheek while taking the now sleeping Schuyler from my arms.

"It's nice to see you too. Thanks for inviting us."

"It's my pleasure, I haven't seen you since Schuyler here was born."

That was 2 years ago. I quickly hugged her and put down Schuyler's bag and headed up to my room with my suit cases. My room was pretty, it was a light blue, but more of a beach kind of room. There were shells, and a life preserver, etc. It also had a balcony over looking the ocean.

The pictures from years ago were hanging on the walls in frames. I started putting my stuff in the dresser and in the closet then headed towards the balcony. I breathed in the salty air from the ocean water and stared down at the waves.

I looked at the clock on my wall and decided since it was only 2, I would go down. I changed into my pink swimming suit and grabbed a blanket and a book and headed downstairs.

"Mom, I'm going to the beach." I announced as I walked down the stairs.

"Wait," she called as soon as I reached the door. "Can you take Shi with you so we can unpack and catch up with Olivia?"

"Sure." I set my stuff on the chair and grabbed Schuyler and headed to her room and put on a cute pink tank top with a white hat and some shorts then rubbed sunscreen on both of us. I grabbed her bag of toys and my stuff as I headed out the door.

I put her down in the shade and spread the blanket out then set her on it. I laid beside her and pulled out my book, only to be covered by sand.

"Schuyler Elizabeth." I laughed.

She giggled. "That was not funny." I grabbed her and tickled her, causing both of us to burst into laughter.

"She's cute, is she yours?"

"I looked up to see a handsome boy standing a couple of feet away holing a football. He was tan and very muscular. He also looked good with his shirt off.

"No, she's my sister." I looked away blushing.

"I haven't seen you around before.Did you just move here?"

"No, just here for the summer."

"Oh, well, my name is Daren."

I smiled. "Autumn."

"Hey, yo, Daren, you coming back with that or what?" called one of his friends.

He looked back at me and said, "Guess I'll see you later." He winked and walked back.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay first chapter, what do you think? comment & subscribe!!