Just Another Reason I Could Never Forget You.

Twelve.

“Jack, Jack, Jack. Don’t you dare!” I screeched, grabbing his arm and pulling him into the room, shutting the door quickly.
“Why the hell not?! You’re lying to my best friend all over again! He was almost over you until you came back as this- this thing!”
“I’m your best friend! Me! You did it for me before, why not again?!”
“Because last time you weren’t playing with his heart!”
“I’m not this time! For Christ’s sake, Jack, can’t I be falling for him, too?!”
“No, no you can’t! Because that’s not fair! You didn’t see him when you left – he was an utter wreck!”
“And you didn’t see me when I left! Ask John; ask any one of those boys! The day I saw you come back, I actually cried. The day I left, I almost had a car crash because I couldn’t stop crying. Do you get it now, really? He hurt me, so I hurt him back.”
“You’re pathetic,” he snarled.
“Jack, stop it. You don’t understand what she went through. Granted neither do I, but I have an inkling and it’s not pretty. Imagine if I cheated on you, how would you feel? She was in love with the boy!” Maria cried. Jack just sighed and shook his head. A knock came from the door, and Alex’s head crept around it. I shot Jack a pleading look, and he turned away to face Alex.
“Are you guys okay in here? We could hear shouting,” he grinned weakly.
“Yeah, we’re fine. We’re just talking about stuff. You know, last night?” Jack said. I would have sighed in relief if it hadn’t have been so obvious. Alex frowned, but nodded. I hugged Jack quickly, whispering ‘thank you’ in his ear before turning to Alex.
“Come on, I need to own you on COD for a bit,” I smiled, taking his and pulling him toward the TV in the front. It looked as though Zack had only just vacated it, the Xbox still humming from only just being turned off. Rian and Kara had, apparently, stayed in New York an extra day.
“You know I’m sorry for yesterday, don’t you?” Alex asked as I bent down to change the disc from Halo to World at War. “I didn’t want to upset you, it’s just… that’s the first time she’d been home since she left and I got all caught up in it. I just wanted things set straight between us so it didn’t affect me and you.” I sighed, looking up at the TV and trying to set my face straight. He was doing so much for me - for us - and I was lying to him about everything. I got up, grabbing two controllers and going back to Alex, though setting the controllers next to us on the couch rather than handing one to him.
“Its fine, Alex; I over-reacted. I should have let you do this.”
"And I should have known better. You were entitled to it," he smiled at me, kissing my forehead.
"I don't deserve you," I frowned.
"No, but that's because I'm a jackass," he told me.
"Nope! You're adorable, and you're lovely, and you're gorgeous, and you're worth a thousand of me," I stated, kissing him softly on the lips for the first time in days. No matter how couple-y we were, that was the first proper kiss we had shared sober.
"God, you're amazing," he told me, resting his forehead against mine. I smiled brightly.
"Takes one to know one!" He returned the smile, jumping back when he felt his phone go off in his pocket.
"You're shitting me." He was staring at his phone, mouth open.
"What?"
"I-it's Holly. She wants to see me." I frowned. I didn't want to see him. I was right here. He handed me his phone so I could read the message.
'I'm coming home November 20th. I need to see you.'
I stared in shock at the message, trying to puzzle out how exactly he was getting texts from 'me' without me even being on the same bus as my old phone. Then it dawned on me, something so easy.
John O'Callaghan was going down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear, I love the feedback on this story more than anything.
You guys are amazing.