Just Another Reason I Could Never Forget You.

Fourteen.

Two weeks. Fourteen days. Countless hours. All spent with Alex. Maria had gone for now, but her plane was due in Chandler airport any minute. And that's where I was. Sat on stupid, uncomfortable, plastic chairs awaiting her arrival with Jack. He and I had bonded again, now we were as close as we were before, but he still pressured me to tell Alex. If he hadn't been Jack, he would have figured the plan out long ago. It was currently 10:30, Maria and I had our hair appointments for 11:30, her merely sticking to a trim, whilst I had been brave enough to try and go from my faded brown colour to the dark blonde underneath it.
Right now, I was in the tenth stage of fear. Somehow I knew I would pass to the hundredth by the end of the night.
"Jack!" Maria screeched, flinging herself on her boyfriend. "I missed you, baby." She pouted. I rolled my eyes, making a point to look away from their sickening reunion. Granted she had only arranged to come out today to make sure I didn't back out of what she wanted. Or so Jack had told me, as she was determined to make it seem like it was pure coincidence she was on tour the same day we were in my (now) hometown.
"Jasey!" She screeched, noticing me after detaching herself from Jack. "Today's the day! Today is the day!" I rolled my eyes with a smile. Even through the level of nerves I felt, I knew that this entire thing was for the best and it was only right.
"Yes, Marissa, I'm fully aware that today is the day," I half laughed. It was the most I could muster at something that would have amused me to no end any other day - Maria this hyped was always funny.
"Good! Because we have an hour. I want food, and then we can head to the hairdressers," she told us, leaving us no room to argue, so we both merely nodded with amused smiles on our faces. "Good, to McDonald's!"
"Shit, we've been here," Jack stated, staring up at my apartment building after we had decided it would be best to drop the car off at my apartment. "We dropped Alex off outside not long after you left. Maria found the place and we came." He turned to frown at me. "How come he said you weren't here?"
"John Ohh answered," I stated. "By the time I'd gotten out to see him, you guys had pulled away. I couldn't bring myself to call." He gave me a quick one-armed hug and a sympathetic smile before we headed up to my apartment.
"Dude, you have a pool," Jack stated, staring out of my window at it. "You have a freaking pool!"
"No, Jack, everyone who rents an apartment here shares a pool." Maria laughed along with me, while admiring the pool herself. I was rummaging around for things in my room, calling my answers over my shoulder at the pair. I smiled as I found what I was looking for; a small purple box filled with so many items it was unreal. This was where my Sidekick had always been before tour.
"What's this?" Maria asked, looking at the box I had just placed on the table curiously.
"Everything," I stated simply, taking the lid off. I rummaged around for the item I had brought the box out for, finally locating it near the bottom and trying to pull it out without pulling the rest of the contents out with it. Let's just say I failed, but Jack and I didn't take any notice. I threw the t-shirt at him, watching his eyes light up.
"My Blink tee!" He squealed, holding onto it tightly. "I thought I'd never see this again. I can't believe you took off wearing it." I smiled sweetly.
"Hey, what's this?" Maria asked, picking up one of the many objects that had fallen all over the table and floor. I tilted my head, looking at the small tape in her hands curiously. I knew what it was; I just couldn't believe I hadn't taped over it.
"Mixed tape Alex made me on our six month anniversary because he was too broke to buy anything," I chuckled. "It's got all the songs I adored on it."
"Jack never did anything this cute for me," Maria pouted. Jack's jaw dropped.
"Ungrateful!" He shrieked, pointing an accusing finger at Maria. She smiled innocently, batting her eyelashes at him. "Forgiven!" He exclaimed, pointing the finger at his lips instead of Maria now. I rolled my eyes.
"You guys are disgusting."
"Oh, shut up. I want McDonald's," Maria stated, putting the tape in my bag along with my purse and throwing it at me.
I swear, everyone on this tour might as well live in McDonald's.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's incredibly short, but you're all going to love the next part.
Now, I haven't decided whether to update tomorrow or the 18th, as the one of the 18th is a slight birthday present for a Quizilla reader haha.
So, fingers crossed of which I choose. ;)