Just Another Reason I Could Never Forget You.

Epilogue.

I pushed the hair back out of my eyes for the thousandth time that hour as I stood up. I was finally done. For the first time in ages the heat was getting to me and I was longing to get back to the cool, Baltimore weather. I watched as the final box was taken from me by my overly hyper best friend, who was helping load my things into the back of the movers van we had had to hire. I surveyed my bedroom for the final time, making sure I hadn't left anything behind and walked out, closing the door behind me and walking out to see the boys I had become closest to in all my time here and the girls that had become attached to their arms most recently.
"I can't believe you're leaving us for them," John pouted, arm around Yasmin's waist - after a month or so of flirting, they had made it official in the time off between Vegas and Cleveland, though quite when John had not seen fit to tell me. He'd disappeared off with her for a couple of weeks and by the time he came back, Yasmin always came along with him. I may sound like they were inseparable, and it was true, but God damn it, it was cute.
"Aww, is ickle Johnny jealous?" I teased, pinching his cheek. He growled lowly at me and everyone else just laughed. I knew he was going to miss me. "I'll miss you, too, don't worry," I laughed lightly. "But I will call you far too much until I manage to get a job.. or something."
"Pfft, my girl doesn't need to work. Ever," Alex stated, coming back up from loading the moving van.
"Oh? And how is your girl meant to survive?" I asked him. He simply grinned at me. "If you think I'm living off you forever, you're insane. I'm getting a job, and I'm going back to school." Alex snorted at the last part of my sentence. "What?"
"Didn't your parents tell you? They have your freaking diploma in Baltimore. You're not even a high school drop out, you just haven't been to college." I stared at him blankly.
"Clearly, you're playing a very cruel joke on me," I stated. I could hear the other boys snickering beside me as I stared at my boyfriend, who just smirked at me. "Please don't you dare say you're joking. I don't wanna go back to that hell hole."
"I'm lying. They don't have your diploma," he told me, smirk still plastered on his face. My heart dropped.
"That's cruel. That was very, horribly c-"
"Oh, shut up Jasey. They don't have it because it's at our house. All the proof that you passed is at ours. You passed stupidly well, actually. Better than I did," he told me. I scowled for a moment before I realised what he had said.
"I can skip out on finishing high school and go to college?!" I squealed. He nodded with a laugh, and I, well, I jumped on him. What can I say? I was excited.
"When Maria and Jack said they were sickeningly cute, they were exaggerating, were they?" Yasmin asked.
"Not even remotely, sweet cheeks! They've been like this since that idiot was seventeen years old, and I see no stopping it now," Jack said, literally jumping into the room with Maria laughing behind him. "Now will you two stop that and say goodbye! We need to head out!" Alex let go of me and spun me around to face my friends, allowing his arms to wrap around my waist from behind.
"They're making me leave now," I pouted at all my friends, with the exception of Jack, Alex and Maria. "I don't want to go!" I slipped out of Alex's grasp and ran at John Ohh, clutching on to him, the other four boys surrounding us and joining the hug also.
It was finally setting in that I was leaving and not coming back. When I'd left Baltimore there'd been no planning, it happened and I wouldn't allow any time for it to set in until I was settled here, and now I'd had time to think. Time to realise that I was leaving the five boys I'd called my best friends for the past two years behind.
And, my God, was I going to miss them.
"We're all going to miss you, Jase," John mumbled, as he was the closest. I heard a murmur of agreement from the other four and smiled lightly.
"I'm gonna miss you more." Again, I heard a murmur from the boys, but this time one of protest, causing my smile to widen ever so slightly.
"How come they get a big long hug and goodbye and we got shit?" I heard Jack ask. I shook my head and called over to him.
"Because they won't cling on to me or tie me to a chair like you would!"
"Ah, good times." The entire room laughed, the boys and I finally breaking apart, only to have me go in for a singular hugs with each of them, sending only a weak smile to their girlfriends, knowing fine well that I wasn't close to any of them, though Yasmin had been a decent friend on tour when I hadn't been hanging around Alex too much.
"Come on, Hols, we need to get going," Alex told me softly, knowing I was going to try and delay for as long as possible. I pouted up at him. "No, you know you're not going to leave if I give you five more minutes." I groaned.
"You're so bossy," I whined, again the others in the room laughing.
We all left my apartment for the last time, heading down toward the truck and my car - Jack and Maria would be driving the truck and Alex and I would be in my car.
I hugged my friends one last time, tears finally brimming my eyes as Jack, Maria and Alex got into the correct vehicles, before turning and getting into the driver's seat. Alex had pulled my purple box from the back seat and was sat looking at the things inside, the mix-tape in his hands.
"What's this?" He asked, as I started the car.
"The mix tape you made me on our six months, the one with all my favourite bands on it," I smiled at him. He grinned widely, putting the lid back on the box and placing it on the backseat again, tape still in his hands.
He pressed the tape into the player, The Party Scene coming out of my speakers - he hadn't been able to resist putting himself on this tape.
"I'm gonna miss those boys, Alex," I sighed, turning out onto South Rural to start the journey home.
"You'll see them. We tour with them, and you'll be on tour with us sometimes. And you know fine well John can't stop himself from talking to you," I laughed lightly at his comment, "but, you're coming home with me now. Me and you, spending the rest of our lives in that house together in Baltimore. Is it worth leaving Phoenix?" I smiled, turning to him as I hit a set of red lights.
"Without a doubt." He grinned, kissing me softly before the lights changed.
"Come on, let's go home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Totally sucked, but that's the end.
I actually am really sad to see this go.
I got attached to Jasey and Alex. ):
Anyway, I think I'm posting an Alex one-shot in the next couple of days, and starting to post the Barakat story within a few weeks.
Message or leave a comment on here if you'd like to hear when that one is posted. (:
And, finally. Thank you all so, so much. It's the best feedback I've ever had on a story, ever.
And it means so much for me.
Again, thank you.
Sequel has been posted - go forth and read!