Never Thought I'd Fall in Love Until I Moved to La Push

Tres

I was awoken by my puppies whining. I grabbed them and put them on my bed. There were five of them. They were all wolf pups abandoned by their mother who had been killed by poachers. I had been a volunteer at the animal preserve and they gave me the young pups for a going away/ sorry present before I left. I was taking care of them before that though too. I normally get to bring some home when they are real young so that I can feed them when they were needed. Plus they had taken a liking to me and thought I was their mother.

Ding Dong

I groaned as I heard the doorbell. I knew I was the only person home since my dad had left for work earlier. I kind of figured it wasn't Sue or her family since dad said that they walk right on in. I got up still in my pajamas. I was wearing a black tank top, that I didn't care if it was all bunched up, red soffe shorts, and some comfy slippers.

Ding Dong

"I'm coming," I mumbled to myself as I reached the door. Once I opened it I saw Paul.

"Karissa, can I talk to you?" he asked looking at the ground.

"Sure, Paul. Come in," I said stepping a side letting Paul into the house.

We walked into the living room and I sat down on the couch while Paul sat in dad's chair.

"What do you need to tell me?" I questioned.

"I know I just met you yesterday but I have feelings for you. I mean really strong feelings. You know like love at first sight," Paul said looking at me with a sparkle in his eye. I looked into them and felt that he wasn't lying to me. I could also see the lust, love, caring, and worry in his eyes.

"I think I feel the same way," I said shyly. Then one of the pups started whining. I smiled at Paul. Put up a finger meaning one second. I got up and went into my room put the puppies onto the floor to have each of them follow me. I kept the runt, who I named Lulu, in my arms as I walked back to where Paul was with my babies following me.

"What are these?" Paul asked as the puppies sat near my feet.

"My babies," I said smiling.

"How?" Paul asked. I laughed.

"They are wolf pups who were abandoned by their mother who was shot by a poacher," I said petting Lulu. She is my favorite out of all five of them.

"Oh, poor babies," Paul said as Buddy walked over to him. I smiled, he was always the most curious out of his siblings. Paul bent over and let Buddy sniff his hand before petting him lightly.

"That's Buddy," I said smiling at the little boy who had now been trying to get onto the furniture but miserably failing.

"He's cute," Paul said picking him up off the ground and sat him down in his lap.

"This is Lulu," I said pointing to the one in my hands. "That is Lily, Max, and Keisha," I said pointing to each in turn.

"Wow, and they act like your their mom," Paul said in awe. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, so do you want to finish what we were talking about before these little buggers decided to disturb us," I said shaking Lulu lightly.

"Um, yeah, do you want to be my girlfriend?" Paul asked shyly petting Buddy.

"It may be a little fast but I can't say no to that puppy face," I said getting up and going over to where Paul has been sitting. I grabbed Buddy from him and put him and Lulu on the floor by their siblings. I sat on Paul's lap and whispered into his ear, "let's bring the puppies to the beach." I smirked knowing he thought I was going to kiss him.

"Anything for you," he said picking me up and setting me on my feet as he got up. I went for the basket I normally put them in. I grabbed each of them and put them into the basket and we were on our way to the beach, hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't written in a while but I'm getting around to it again. Well here are what the puppies look like.

Lulu
Image

Buddy
Image

Lily
Image

Max
Image

Keisha
Image