Status: Finished. Thanks guys!

Dedication Takes a Lifetime

15

Weeks later, I was sitting on the edge of our bed, taking deep, calming breaths. I was wearing my plaid jacket from the Olympics and a pair of comfy jeans allowing for easy motion.

Shaun walked in, shirt already halfway off, and stopped short. “Oh. Casey.”

“Hey.”

He looked at my outfit and a small smile crossed his face. “You look like you… you wanna ride...” He pulled his shirt back over his head. “Are you…”

“I guess?” My tone was uncertain as I answered his unasked question. “Let’s hurry up and go before I change my mind.”

“Sweet!” He ran to his closet and pulled out his jacket, smiling at me the whole time. “Come on Casey, let’s go!”

He rushed us out of the house, grabbing our helmets and boards before he threw them into the car and went back to lock the door.

It was not that the fear began to settle in again. My hands were visibly shaking and I started heading back towards the house.

“Oh no, you don’t,” Shaun said as he used his arms to keep me from running inside. “You’re going.”

“No, Shaun, I can’t. I’m not ready,” I admitted. “I thought I was, but I’m not. Please don’t make me go,” I whimpered.

“You can do this, Casey. I guarantee that once you’re out there, you won’t wanna come home.” He dragged me to the car and made me get in. “Trust me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, how's Casey gonna do? Break down? Or is she gonna make it?
Yeah. I like this.
Only six chapters until the epilogue, thought you'd all like to know.
Then one final one shot.
Then the series will be put to rest. :(