Status: Finished. Thanks guys!

Dedication Takes a Lifetime

18

I was listening to Sloan’s “Ill Placed Trust” on my iPod and responding to fan emails.

Hey Case, when are you going to start competing again? I can’t wait to see you! – Mahalianna

I smiled at her message, writing a quick response:

Hey Mahalianna! I just started riding a couple days ago. Shaun forced me out on the slopes, and I definitely can’t wait to do formal competition. I might be going to the US Open, but things are still a bit up in the air about that. I’ll update the site soon if I decide I’m ready to go. Thanks for writing! – Casey B.

The next new email was from a familiar girl who had written in many times, and her and I had built up a bit of a relationship:

Hey Moose!
I was just chillin’ and I was watching some Frends videos online. I started thinking – do you know the Frends guys? You should totally be in one of their videos!
The Mitranis actually live close by – I’ve run into Luke a few times. There’s a huge party I
know he’s gonna be at soon, and I’m planning on going. I’ve secretly developed a little crush on him.
Anyways, just thought I’d mention the whole Frends videos thing. I’ll bring it up to Luke if I see him. ;)
:D – Desireé


I silently laughed to myself – it was so like her, in a good way, to go hunt down Squid. Persistence had to be her middle name.

Hey Desireé!
Haha, I do know some of the Frends. I haven’t met Danny or Kier, but I’ve met everyone else. Some of the nicest, most chill guys you’ll ever meet. Next time Mase is over, I’ll ask about a video.
Good luck with Squid! If he’s drunk, well, I don’t know. He should totally be into you either way. I can just tell you’re good for him.
:D – Casey


The only remaining message in my inbox was from Mason.

case, im talking 2 shaun about the love thing. dont worry, im not being 2 obvious.

After cringing at the poor grammar, I re-read his message. I smacked my forehead – literally facepalming – and sighed.

Don’t you dare ruin this, Mase. He seemed really close to saying it last night.

The phone rang beside me, so I paused the music and answered.

“Hello?”

“Case, it’s Molly. Wanna go out for lunch?”

“Sure. I’ll meet you at the restaurant at the lodge in ten?”

“Yup.”

I hung up, closed my laptop, and grabbed my stuff, heading out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eew, filler.
But it's gonna lead up to some important stuff.
So comments/suggestions/predictions/concrit?
Go read Jumping Geko's Scotty story To the Lovely Dancing Lights because it's amazing. :)