Status: Active

Sunsets and Silhouette Dreams

Hayden

Image

I watched through my window a kid come in from the van I had come into just three years earlier. I didn't miss my parents at all. I was just waiting for my eighteenth birthday, which was just under a year to go. I hated the reason I was here. It wasn't like I was straight. Yeah, I would never let the system take me down.

I laughed at my own joke. Ha ha, they think this actually works. Now I'm not saying that some people couldn't make this work, but for real gay kids, you'll never change them. It ain't a phase.

"Hayden, please come down to the lobby." I grunted. Yay, I have to be the tour guide to some broken little ass. He probably thought he should tell his parents. HA HA. Most people are in here for that. Not me. But I'll get to that later. As I walk down to the lobby to be an amazing "tour guide" to some hopeless soul, I got to thinking about what my friends were doing, ex-boyfriends, and even my little sister. I hadn't seen her in three fucking years. I was wondering why my parents kept me here. If only they understood.

The kid was barely, 16. Maybe an older 15 year old. Maybe. Eh, it's cool. My roommate had just turned 18, so he left. He promised to call me, pf, I have yet to get that call. We kind of had a thing, we were dating, it's not like anyone here can get away with dating. Besides, I hadn't left my whorish ways at the door. Hell no. I might be a whore but it's better then being in an exclusive relationship and have people tempt me. Anyways, back to this new kid. He was wearing normal clothes. Lucky him. He would eventually get changed into these nasty pure white clothes and be shoved into these white walls, that weren't aloud to have any personal items that the front desk didn't approve of. It sucked but it's better then my home. At least every kid stuck together here and didn't leave anyone out.

I smiled at him, like I was suppose to. I was suppose to show I was happy someone was trying to get help like me. We were suppose to be nice to newcomers. Ugh, this kid looked so lame.

"Hi, I'm Kale." He said extending his hand. I nodded slowly. The nurse hit my shoulder lightly and I grunted, extending my hand to shake his. When I touched his hand, I felt a shot of electricity run through my veins. I jumped back and looked at my hand, at the same time that Kale did. I looked at him angrily and grunted.

"Show him around and then bring him to the changing place, so he can get rid of his clothes and put on the uniform. Got it Hayden? No more locking new guys into the closet and ditching them. He will be your new roommate. So might as well get use to him now." I nodded and started walking down the hall.

I heard Kale's feet following behind me. I sighed and stopped abruptly. He ran right into me. "This is the Cafeteria. We eat here. Uh, yeah." I started walking again, this time towards the dorms.
After about half an hour of walking around this stupid place, I brought him to the front desk, where they gave him the same nasty white clothes that were wore on my skin. They showed him the bathroom, and told him to change.

When he finally came out, the women at the front desk took his clothes and told him he was to go with me to my room. We walked down the hall and to my room. I lead him in, informing him to shut the door before he came fully in. I turned around and pointed to his bed. "That's your bed. This is my bed. Don't come over to my side of the room, and well be fine." He nodded and I jumped onto my bed and stared out the window. I sighed and thought, 'what has the last three years of my life become?' I was stuck at this piece of shit place for the past three years, and have yet to change. I refuse to change. And I can't wait to leave. I kind of feel like busting out of this place. But I know I never would. I was stuck here for one more year, and I'll finally be fine.