Status: Complete :')

I Don't Like This Ending

Chapter 2

We had to go after that for a sound check at Wembley Arena, but we gave them backstage tickets to the concert tonight as well as a bus there and back. Only about 10 were in the ward, and then 5 nurses.

Soon we were all prepared and where ready to go in front of hordes of screaming fans.

The ill children would have their own private area at the side of the stage so the nurses didn’t have to worry. We stood on the rotating podium and as much as I could I saw myself glancing at Cassie. She had a little boy on her hip and she danced with him as if they were in a ballroom. I saw her laughing; her head moving back whilst the boy moved in for a hug.

The fans were going crazy for us, as well as the children from the Hospital. Whenever I looked their way all I noticed was how calm and serene the laughing girl looked. She was obviously enjoying the music, but doing so in her own way.
I began to sing Fly With Me and I was on the piano. Whenever I sang I looked at her, noticing how she had her eyes closed as she sang along with me. The stage took another rotation and when I looked again I noticed the girl was sat down coughing. A nurse was patting her back, trying to aid her without causing a scene.

I continued to play, but I was distracted. The girl soon got over her little fit and was stood up again, dancing with some of the children. Soon they were all dancing and crowded around her, and I smiled.

Awhile later we were on a break as Kevin, Joe and I wormed our way towards the group of children.

“So how are you enjoying it so far?” Kevin asked them.

They all started screaming out answers with the exception of the laughing girl who was lounging around on a chair, watching with intent eyes. Now that I was closer to her I noticed her bright blue eyes. She had a look of innocence about her, but whilst looking in her eyes they looked old—wise. She noticed me staring at her and she smiled a natural smile.

My attention however was soon diverted to Kara.

“You were bloody brilliant, Nick.” She gushed.

I did a take at her language, but soon heard a loud laugh and I looked up to see the girl again.

“Language, Kara,” a nurse told her firmly.

“But Cassie says it,” Cassie again. She must idolize this girl.

“And Cassie gets told off as well for it,” the nurse told her.

“She’s right,” a voice piped up and I saw that it was the laughing girl. Cassie. “When I use bad words like that I’m not allowed any mash potato for the rest of the week,” she said, faking seriousness.

Kara gasped and I guessed she was a fan of the potato.

“That’s horrible!”

“I know,” Cassie agreed, before turning away to giggle to herself.

I found this girl so interesting. She did live life to the full. I had never seen anyone so happy, always laughing. She truly was amazing; I was already falling for the girl even though I had never even spoken to her.

The girl straightened up and came to stand in front of us brothers.

“Hey, I’m Cassie.” She told us. Shaking our hands in turn. “You have good music,” she told us, nodding appreciatively before turning back to a nurse. “I’m off to the toilet,” she informed them.

“Can I come?” Kara asked.

“Sure thing, kid,” she answered, taking her by the hand and walking away.

Kevin and Joe both glanced at me but I ignored them, staring at Cassie’s retreating back.