Status: Complete :')

I Don't Like This Ending

Chapter 4

I soon had to leave and I pondered the words that were said between the doctor and I.

Kevin and Joe kept asking me questions and I simply told them was that she was dying. They soon learnt that I wasn’t going to be cooperative and they left me alone. After what felt like eternity I fell asleep only to be quickly woken up. We left the hotel and headed off the stadium to perform sound checks again.

All through the mock concert my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Cassie and everyone could see this.

During a break Kevin and Joe approached me.

“Alright, what’s up?” Kevin asked.

“No-nothing. I’m fine,” I stammered.

Joe raised an eyebrow at me. “You sure? Because it looks to us like there is a certain girl on your mind. Beginning with C and ending with assie.”

I sighed. “She has Bone Marrow Failure,” I explained.

“So? She’ll get better,” Joe answered.

I walked away after that; unable to stay coherent.

Finally we had finished the sound checks and Mom walked up to me.

“Your brothers explained to me what’s happening with you,” She told me.

I nodded.

“Don’t be afraid of her, Nicolas. Love is everything in life; simple in theory, complex in practice. It will test you, but you’ll be happy knowing that you will be with her, even if for a brief moment in time.”

She walked away, leaving me to ponder her words. It was then I decided I wanted to see Cassie again; even if for one final time.

“Frankie!” I shouted him over. “I’m off back to the hospital; I’ll be back in time for the show tonight. Okay?”

He nodded and walked back to his basketball game.

I took the limo and soon reached the hospital. I walked slowly through the corridors, stopping at the gift shop to buy a chocolate bar and some sweets for each of the kids and also a balloon for Cassie.

I made my way to the oncology ward and noticed how much quieter it seemed.

I walked through the doors and noticed it was visiting hours; everyone had their family surrounding them.

I went up to a nurse, “Hey. I’ve brought gifts for the kids,” I told her.

“That’s very kind of you,” She answered. “Err, what to do with you. I know. Cassie is awake and she has no one with her, you can go and sit with her.”

I gulped and started to shake as she led me to a different room from the one she was in yesterday.

She went through the first. “Cassie. We have a visitor for you,” the nurse told her.

“Okay,” spoke a strong, determined voice.