Status: Complete :')

I Don't Like This Ending

Chapter 6

All too soon the Cassie I knew and loved was back and she turned to me, a smile on her face. She cocked her head to the side, waiting for me to speak.

“Where are your family?” I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t have a family. They didn’t want me so I’m here now,” she explained nonchalantly.

“They don’t want you?” I asked, finding it hard to believe.

“Yes. They gave me up for adoption when I was around 2 years old. After that the hospital has become my home,”

“I’m sorry,” I murmured.

“Don’t be. I’m not.” She replied.

“Have they been in touch since?”

“Yes. They came in to see if they could be a donor for me. But they wasn’t so they left. It was a year ago, I think. They have a home in Birmingham, a 10 year old daughter and 5 year old son. As well as a Golden Retriever,” she recalled.

This time when I looked at the girl I noticed what the doctor had actually said. She did have old eyes; eyes that had seen more than your average teenage normally sees.

I didn’t say anything, pulling her body towards mine and crushing her in a hug. I murmured reassurances to her whilst she just put her arms around my waist.

We stood like that for another few minutes until Cassie did a little cough in the back of her throat, moving away from me.

“Well that was nice,” she said with a smirk on her face.

I grinned back. “Well you know you loved it,” I joked.

She looked down at her feet. “I did,” I thought I heard her murmur.

I looked at her questionably and soon her head snapped back up to me. “Where are your brothers?” she asked.

“Rehearsal,”

“So shouldn’t you be there?”

I shrugged. “I did my bit,”

“But why did you come here?” she persisted.

“Because I just wanted to. I wanted to make sure you were okay,” I admitted.

“Why are you blushing?” She asked, a grin rising on her face.

“I-“ I stammered. “I wasn’t aware that I was.”

She threw her head back and I heard a loud laugh boom through the room. Cassie was contagious, and soon I had joined in.

Soon I felt a hand slip into mine and I glanced down to see Cassies hand fit perfectly into mine. She started to pull me out of the room with strength I didn’t think possible and we were soon stood in front of a wide TV.

She went up to it and started to fiddle with some buttons with such grace and soon I was handed a microphone.

“Singstar,” she said, pleased with herself.