Status: Complete :')

I Don't Like This Ending

Chapter 9

All through the concert and during the night Cassie plagued my thoughts. When I awoke the next morning I had come to the decision that I would tell Cassie I loved her. Life was too short, and Cassie proved that.

As I was getting ready to go and see her my father came in.

“Oh, hey dad.” I said with a smile.

“Nicolas,” He said. A serious look on his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, concern lacing my voice.

“I don’t want you to go the hospital.” He said firmly. My mind went into turmoil. What did he mean? I had to go see her. “She’s not good for you, Nicolas. You can go and see her once the tour has finished, but not until. That is my final word on the matter. I’m sorry.” He told me, before turning around and leaving the room.

I slowly backed away until I reached my bed, sitting on it. Kevin came in, a look of pity on his face.

“It’s for the best, bro,” he told me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“How so?” I asked concededly.

“She’s dying Nick. You shouldn’t see her anymore. She’ll mess with your head.”

“She already has!” I shouted. “She’s in my every thought. Every breath I breathe is for her. I love her, Kevin! I love her! The day when I stop loving her is the day when I close my eyes forever. You have to understand that.” I said, pleading.

“I do understand it, Nick. We only have a week until the tour ends. She’ll understand, dad already called to tell her.” He told me, trying to coax me.

“I can’t leave her, Kevin. I can’t.”

“You have to mate,” He said softly. “It’s only for a week. Please just do this tour, and then you can come back and see her. Please? It’s what she would want.”

“Fine, I’ll go.” I said, my body numb.

Kevin didn’t say a word after that; he just helped me to pack.

Soon we were on the tour bus and on our way to our next destination.

Cassie was constantly in my thoughts, and soon I was in rehearsals ready for our next concert.

Kevin and Joe were trying to lift my spirits, and it was working a little. They were just having their hair done when someone walked into the room.

“Hey guys,” the voice said. I froze, instantly knowing who it was. Miley Cyrus.

“Hey,” Kevin and Joe chorused back.

“You alright, Nick?” She asked, coming into my line of view.

She was wearing shorts and a vest top. Her hair was down and she was still looking hot. As soon as I thought that I cursed at myself. The truth was Miley had had my heart first. She was my first love. Just like Cassie would be my last.

I just nodded my head at her question.

“Guys,” she said, addressing Joe and Kevin. “Can you give Nick and I a moment please? I need to speak to him.”

They nodded and left the room.

“How are you really Nick?” She asked, concern leaking into her voice.

“I’m fine, Miley.”

“Are you sure? Because I wanted to speak to you. I badly just want us to become friends again. I miss hanging out with you. You have Cassie and I have Justin. You were my best friend, Nick. Please can we go back that way?” She asked, pleading.

“Sure, Miley. We can be friends again.”