We Were Just Kids in Love

Sometimes they are a pain in my ass

Meanwhile in the room-Derek’s Point Of View

“You go out with Jenna?” Brooks asked.

I nodded my head. Why must they do this every time I get a girlfriend? Then they are going to tell me that everything will go wrong and then I will be all depressed and shit. Seriously, I know what I want to do. They need to leave me alone.

“Why? Jake asked.

“Because I like her and I know what you guys are going to say and you know what I am sick and tired of all this bullshit that you have to say about me fucking dating. I will do whatever the fuck I want and if I mess up oh well I’ll get back up and try again. You guys are supposed to be my friends but all you guys do when I get a girlfriend is talk shit about her and make her life a living hell. Well, not this time.” I said.

“Derek we are trying to help you.” Jeremy said.

“You guys aren’t helping can’t you see that? Why do you think I lose my girlfriends so fast? It’s because of you guys. You scare her off and she never wants to talk to me again. I want this one to work. I really like her. There is something there. Something about her makes her different from every other girl I have dated.” I said.

“Oh man, I am sorry I didn’t mean you hurt you like that.” Alex said.

“Why didn’t you say something before?” Brooks asked.

“Because I didn’t know what to say to you guys.” I said.

“Dude, we are all so sorry.” Jake said.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

“It’s fine as long as you guys don’t do it again.” I said.

They nodded and then they went back to what they were doing. I sat there and waited for Jenna and Gabby to come back. While I was waiting Alex came over.

“So when are you going to ask Gabby out?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t even think she is interested in me. “Alex said.

“Dude sometimes I think that you are way too hard headed.” I said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Have you seen the way she looks at you? Every time she looks at you her smile gets huge and she starts to blush. I have been in this room for two seconds around you guys and I notice that she likes you a lot and you can even tell that on your own.” I said.

“I just don’t know what to say to her.” Alex said.