Angels & Demons

Chapter four:

September, 1st 1995 – Angels and Demons Academy – The library - 7 pm

“So what exactly are we looking for?” Pierre questioned as he had skimmed through the 15th book that night.

“Anything that has anything to do with the infirmary,” Char sighed as she threw another book on the table.

“This is useless! Why can’t we just try?” David asked.

“Because we can’t. If there is some security shit on it, it’s going to go off and we’ll be in a shit load of troubles,” Jeff announced.

“But why are we going through all these books? Nath can easily freeze time, that shouldn’t set off any alarms, then Char can work her magic or Chuck can and boom we’re inside,” David stated matter of factly.

“Truth is that we don’t know if it’s going the freezing time has an effect on any security measures considering it’s the first time we are actually considering breaking in somewhere,” Patrick announced.

“Okay Char use your magic then. Think of a book that contains any information about that god forsaken place, concentrate and maybe it’ll appear out of thin air,” Pierre shrugged.

“I think it’s worth the shot!” she shrugged, “it would be easier if we had a title to work with,” she sighed as she closed her eyes and concentrated.

“I guess we’re getting lucky,” Patrick stated as he heard books move in the book cases. Before they knew it at least 50 books flew in their direction and it seemed as if more would follow!

“CHAR STOP!” Nath yelled.

“Okay, great idea! I think all the books that mention that place are on the table now. There are at least 60 books here,” Pat sighed.

“We won’t be able to get into that place, so why don’t we just forget about it? It’s not as if they are locking him up there forever and a day. It’s just until the first full moon,” Chuck sighed.

“He’s not a fucking werewolf and if you all want to leave and go do something that is probably more convenient, then go ahead but I am not leaving this place until I have found a way to get in there!” Nath spat, glancing at each and everyone. “I know there are more fun things to do than this but if it was one of you guys in there, what would Seb do?” she asked.

“Sorry, you’re right. It’s just getting majorly frustrated that’s all,” Jeff announced.

“I have a feeling we’re going to find it,” Char said as she picked up another book that had the title “Demonic Injuries and more.”

“I’ll skim through this one, “Demon hospitals and its locations,” Pierre said smiling. “All though I don’t think its going to be in there considering our locale is kept a secret.”

~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-~*-

September, 1st 1995 – Angels and Demons Academy – The library – 9.30 pm


“I’m this close to giving up,” Char stated rubbing her eyes.

“I’m with Char, I’m sorry Nath but we’ve been doing this for hours now, there is no way we are going to find a way in. I guess it would’ve been easier to get injured ourselves to get into that place than anything else really,” Pat admitted.

“At least we tried,” Nath sighed, looking disappointed.

“Char, just put the books away can you?” Pierre asked. “Next one who mentions the library, in the next few weeks will get his ass kicked,” Pierre stated.

Char waved her right arm and all the books started flying back to their location.

“Now that’s a power I’d kill to have,” Pierre said smiling.

“I kinda wish I had Nath’s,” Char stated.

“Nah, Pat’s seems cool,” Nath replied smiling.

“No way! I’d kill to have Chuck’s!” Pat said laughing.

“Jeff’s seems cool, well aside the whole not sleeping thing is kinda creepy,” Chuck stated.

“Pierre’s power seems really cool too,” he said shrugging.

“Why doesn’t anyone want mine?” David whined.

“All you can do is fly,” Pierre shrugged.

“Well, at least it’s cooler than taking away free will,” David shrugged.

“Now Children don’t bicker!” James voice rang through the library.

“What are you doing here?” Pierre asked raising an eyebrow.

“A little birdie told me, that you guys might need some help,” James spoke. The guy looked even creepier in the dim lights of the library.

“How do we know you’re legit?” David asked.

“Do you honestly think I’m stupid enough to come to you knowing you guys have a mind reader in your camp? I’m not trying to do anything. I know that what happened earlier was probably, no was my fault and I do feel bad, because Father showed me that we are all here for the same reason and we might as well get along. You can trust me!” he spoke, shrugging.

David was about to open his mouth to come up with a smart remark but then closed his mouth again. All eyes were on Patrick now. “Well unless he learned how to block his mind, he’s legit,” Pat said shrugging.

“Okay then. Tell us how to get there?” Nath said eagerly.

“It’ll take a while,” James said shrugging.

“Does it look like we have any other place to be?” Jeff asked.

“Okay, just saying. Let’s go. We just have to make sure that we are back before dawn though or we’ll get in troubles,” James announced.

“How did you know anyways?” Chuck asked glancing at James.

“Do you honestly think you’re the first ones who tried this? And well it’s kinda a given you guys would at least try, he is your friend and more to some others,” he stated quickly glancing at Nath and then back.

“How the fuck does he know?” Nath whispered to Char.

“Beats me,” she said shrugging, “maybe he can sense that shit.”

“Everyone ready? Now let’s go,” James announced.

They all followed James, out of the library back to the main square. Everyone kept silent, and their eyes and ears open hoping not to get caught. They walked in the northern direction that led them to the woods for at least 15 minutes, then they turned East and walked in that direction for another good 10 minutes until they arrived at a path.

“This Path leads up there, I hope you guys know what you are doing,” James shrugged as he took the lead again and started walking to the infirmary.

Another 15 minutes later they had arrived by the building that housed the infirmary.

Nath started panting. “And saying we easily could’ve used Chuck as a taxi,” she said shrugging.

“Is that what I am to you? A freaking Taxi?” he asked giving her a mean glare.

“Yes!” she said poking out her tongue before hugging him tight. “You know I don’t mean that Charles. I love you!”

“I thought you loved the other one,” James said shrugging.

“What!? Who?” Pierre, David, Chuck and Jeff said in unison.

“Nobody!” Nath said as she blushed. Luckily it was too dark for anyone to notice.

“So anywho, how much longer?” Char asked trying to change the subject.

“Who do you love Nath?” Pierre asked.

“I believe that Char asked how much longer we had to walk,” Patrick said.

“We’re almost there,” James announced.

Five minutes later they had arrived by a big building. It looked deserted to the outside world but to them it looked like a little castle within the castle. The walls were white and windows everywhere.

“Any security things we should know about?” Pierre asked.

“Not really but it’s safe to use this entrance,” James stated.

“What entrance?” Pat asked looking everywhere but couldn’t find one.

“This one,” he said as he pushed some bushes aside and moved a wooden plate.

“Where does it lead to?” Jeff asked.

“It’ll take you straight down to the basement, then there’s two stairs, take the one furthest to the right that’ll lead you up to the main floor. Nath can freeze time while you look up Seb’s information, and before you know it you’ll be with your friend,” James shrugged.

Once in a while, everyone would glance at Patrick who would just nod to make sure that they weren’t being screwed over.

“I’m going to wait outside considering he probably doesn’t want to see me,” James shrugged.

“So when we come back, you’ll still be here?” Char questioned.

“You can count on it. If things get dangerous, I’ll send a message of some sort,” he shrugged.

“Okay, let’s go then,” Chuck said sighing.

“What if he doesn’t want to see us?” Nath questioned.

“You are questioning that now? Now that we came this far?” Pierre asked.

“I’m just saying,” Nath shrugged.

“Let’s just go!” Jeff announced.

They all climbed down the hole, one by one, until the reached the basement. “It’s so fucking dark in here!” Pierre stated.

“At least I can be of some help. You didn’t want my powers before but I can actually see perfectly in the dark,” David said being cocky.

“Okay the one staircase we need is 45 degrees West,” David stated.

“Luckily it’s one of the things they taught us in here,” Jeff said sighing;

They all mounted the stairs until they arrived at ground level. Char moved to the front of the stairs and peeked over the wall, then turned back to look at Nath and motioned her to come over. She tried to move through the narrow staircase and stepped on a few feet on the way up. She finally made it to the top and moved her hand and the receptionist, nurses and a doctor who moved across the hallways stopped moving.

“Okay, Chuck it’s time for your mojo,” David stated.

“Pat, come with me,” he said as he grabbed Pat’s arm and disappeared in thin air before reappearing again behind the desk.

Both boys started looking through the papers on the desk until they found a file labelled “Sebastien,” and it was marked high risk. Both boys looked at each other suspiciously and Chuck opened the file and started reading.

- Seems to be depressed,

- might grow up to be a danger

- whereabouts of his mother: Known.

- Strongly advised to keep him here longer than the next full moon.

- Room: 121

Chuck closed the file again without showing it to Patrick. Pat knew anyways, Patrick always knew. Chuck grabbed Pat’s arm again and just like before, they both disappeared only to reappear in front of the stair case again.

“And?” Pierre asked.

“Room 121,” Pat whispered.

“Okay, let’s go then,” Jeff announced.

“Should we tell them what I read?” Chuck thought, knowing Patrick would pick up on it.

Pat faced Chuck and shook his head.

The little group passed the receptionist, the doctors and nurses until they were out of sight and Nath unfroze time, finding it too cruel to keep them frozen until they returned.

They glanced around every corner, this time happy to find that one deserted. They all started walking in the hallway Seb’s room was in.

“121, it’s here,” Char whispered.

“Maybe we shouldn’t all go inside at once?” David asked.

“We have to or we’ll get caught,” Jeff stated.

“True, just go inside,” Nath said as she gently pushed Pierre.

Pierre gently opened the door and they all went inside one by one. “I think this was a bad idea, he’s sleeping,” Pat whispered.

“At least we now know he’s fine,” Nath said smiling.

“Yeah,” Chuck added, glancing over to Patrick who bit his bottom lip.

“Are we just going to stand here in awe because he’s sleeping or are we leaving again?” Char asked.

All of a sudden Seb’s eyes flinched open and he sat right up. The moon light shone on his face and they could see his eyes. Nath stepped back, terrified. His eyes were no longer blue but pitch black and Nath saw him about to squint his eyes and froze time immediately; causing the rest of their gang to be frozen too.

Nath unfroze Patrick and Char first;

“What is going on?” Nath asked her voice filled with terror.

“I think, he was about to set us on fire,” Patrick stated, still in shock.

“It’s not him,” Nath said as she shook her head, “he would never do that to us,” she tried to fight the tears as she looked over at Char.

“I don’t know what the fuck is going on but I suggest we get the fuck out of here!” Char said getting afraid herself.

“Good plan!” Pat nodded.

“Why didn’t you pick up on it?” Nath gave Pat a mean glare.

“Don’t get angry at mind reader boy. He was sleeping peacefully, he had a nice dream, I didn’t see it coming, otherwise I would’ve said something since I actually love being alive,” Pat hissed at her.

“Stop the bickering! We can do that later! Now Nath, unfreeze the rest of our gang and let’s get the fuck out of here!” Char said getting angry.

Nath immediately unfroze everyone.

“No time to explain, chuck get us out of here!” Pat said sounding more bossy than he anticipated.

“Hold each other!” Chuck stated before disappearing in thin air and reappearing outside the infirmary where James was still waiting for them.

As soon as they felt the fresh air, they all let themselves fall on the grass. “I can still feel the warmth,” Chuck stated.

“So can I,” Char said.

“Guys, as much as I am interested in what the fuck happened in there, we have to go,” James said before the alarm started sounding.

“Everyone hold hands!” Chuck stated as he did his magic and made them all appear again on the main square.

“We have to be in bed right now! If the alarm is sounding something major is happening! You can count on bed checks,” James announced as he started running back to his wing.

“Chuck get us to the common room. At least we are allowed to be there,” Char stated.

Chuck did what he was told, more acting like a robot really still trying to grasp what had happened.

They all arrived in the common room and took a seat, all lost in thoughts without making a sound, just trying to process the events of the night.

Patrick was the first to stand up, “Sorry guys but I need to be alone for a while. I can’t think straight when I hear everyone’s thoughts running through my mind as well,” he said as he made his way to his dorm. Patrick was granted a room of his own within the “Mental Wing,” otherwise he’d never get any shut eye.