Status: Finished, there'll be no sequel. Sorry.

Behind Closed Doors

Une

Autumn sighed, and looked up at the worn-down building in front of her. Her new 'home', as her father had put it. It didn't look like home. More like a jail, with it's grey-bricked exterior and tiny windows. The people that were strutting around didn't look particularly welcoming either. In fact, they looked ready to kill someone.

Maybe that's what it was, a jail. Maybe her father thought this was some sort of cruel joke. In fact, she almost expected him to drive up right now, that evil smirk on his face.

She never really knew why her father hated her. He always had. He always used to pass snide comments, from anything to the way her hair looked that day, to her accent. He picked on every little detail. And since her mother had died, things had gotten worse. The remarks had gotten worse, once he even told her to go kill herself. And on top of verbal abuse, she was being pushed around, and made to do stuff. Kind of like a twisted version of Cinderella. And now, she had been shipped off to this school, if it could even be called that.

"You new here?" A voice asked from behind her. Autumn jumped, she had been so immersed in her own thoughts that she hadn't noticed people staring at her curiously. She turned around, and ended up face to face with a girl a little taller than herself, with wine red hair tied up in a high ponytail. Her tartan miniskirt, fishnets and tight-fitting shirt instantly made Autumn feel overdressed, and she tugged at her pinafore slightly.

"Um, yeah," Autumn replied shyly.

"Let me see, parents just chucked you out on the kerb, and expected you to find your own way about?" The girl guessed, looking Autumn up and down.

"Um...yeah," Autumn said, feeling more and more awkward.

"I know the feeling. Come on, I'll show you around. I'm Caryn, by the way," The girl grinned, holding out a hand. Autumn instantly noticed the chewed fingernails, which had been painted black.

"Autumn," She replied, shaking the girls hand.

"Autumn? That's such a pretty name!" Caryn gushed.

"Thanks," Autumn blushed, she wasn't used to getting this much attention. It was usually her sisters that got all the compliments, each one of them with their shoulder length blonde hair, which sat in curls, their tanned skin and piercing blue eyes. She was the odd one out. Poker straight auburn hair, skin as pale as chalk and chocolate brown eyes. Not something 'the boys would go for', as her father had told her many times.

"So, what do you think of the place so far?" Caryn asked, nodding towards the building. Autumn flushed.

"Its...different," She said, not wanting to offend this girl, who had obviously been here for a while.

"Different? Well, that's a way to describe it, i guess!" She laughed, grabbing Autumn's wrist and dragging her through the small crowd of people assembled at the gate. They scattered instantly, and Caryn smirked smugly. She continued to pull Autumn over the concrete, until the reached the building.

It looked 10 times worse up close. The bricks were covered in moss, and the parts that weren't were scribbled all over. A few of the phrases that Autumn could pick out were 'bite me', 'free sex' and 'Dom luvz Kay'. When they reached the door, there was a scruffy-haired boy standing there.

"Who's she?" He asked, unlit cigarette dangling from his lips.

"New girl. Now move please," Caryn said politely.

"Not until you hep us out Caryn. I need a lighter, you don't happen to have one on you?" The boy asked. Caryn rolled her eyes, and pullled one from her top.

"There, Alex. Don't lose this one, I'm sick of having no lighters," She sighed.

"You keep your lighters in your bra?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow.

"It stops people stealing them. Mind, with boys like you around, that won't do hellish much, will it?" Caryn asked with a smirk on her face.

"Aww, you know you love it babe," He smirked, and tried to grab the hem of her skirt.

"Alex! Not in front of the new girl, Jesus! She needs time to settle in! I'll see you later!" Caryn laughed, grabbing Autumn's hand again and leading her inside.

The interior of the school looked just as bad as the exterior. Groups of people were huddled round filthy radiators, and the lingering smell of smoke made Autumn's nose wrinkle up in disgust.

"Not a smoker?" Caryn asked sympathetically. Autumn nodded, and Caryn smiled sadly.

"You'll get used to the smell, don't worry. And if people ask for a lighter, just tell them you don't smoke. They'll stop bothering you," She grinned.

"Ok," Autummn replied, feeling totally overwhelmed. This place was nothing like her old school! And there wasn't a teacher in sight to tell off the group of girls smoking in the corner.

"I'll take you over to meet our group. You already met Alex, so you know him. Next we'll try to find...aha!" Caryn yelled, pulling Autumn over to a small group of people.

"Morning guys," She grinned, nodding to the 3 boys.

"Who's that?" One asked, mimicking Alex's earlier question.

"This is Autumn, she's new here. Autumn, this is Ali, Teddy and Dan," Caryn introduced everyone, "Teddy and Dan are brothers, not that you'd guess."

"Why do you tell everyone that?" Dan complained loudly.

"What, you ashamed to be related to me or something?" Teddy asked jokingly. Dan laughed.

"Where's the others?" Caryn asked.

"Alex is outside, Micki isn't here yet, and don't even ask me what Vikki and Ed are up to," Dan shivered in disgust.

"They went towards the canteen, not the dorms you idiot," Ali laughed, hitting him over the back of the head.

"Still wouldn't surprise me," Dan muttered.

"Anyway!" Caryn said loudly, noticing Autumn's discomfort, "We'll be off. See you all later!"

"Bye!" Dan yelled. Caryn laughed, and began to walk away. Autumn followed.

"Don't worry, they're always like that," Caryn grinned, "Ignore anything they say, they're a bunch of gits. And they like to tease Vikki and Ed, if you didn't guess already."

"I think i did," Autumn smiled. Caryn laughed.

"A smile! You smiled! Ha!" She grinned. Just then, the bell rang.

"What're you in?" Caryn asked, spinning to face Autumn.

"Erm...maths with Mr Gilroy," Autumn replied.

"I'm on my way there, if you want me to take her," Teddy offered, appearing behind then, and making Caryn jump.

"Jesus! Not funny! I about had a heart attack!" She complained, "But yeah. Autumn, i shall leave you in the capable hands of Mr Hetherton. Bye!" And with that, she shot from the room, leaving the two alone to face the rabble of teenagers that had now filled the halls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bonjour!
So, yeah, new story, we actually have an inkling of where this one's gonna go.
Bit on the long side, but whatever. I just couldn't stop writing ^_^
French numbers for this one, because i realised that French is easy for me to count up in (as much as i hate the subject).
Soo, with that, i shall leave you in the capable hands of Miss Chau. Take it away Caryn!