Status: Finished, there'll be no sequel. Sorry.

Behind Closed Doors

Dix-Neuf

Twenty years later....

The small girl got out of the car, thoroughly terrified. Anyone who had previously been educated here wouldn't had to have guessed why.

The school hadn't changed at all in the past 20 years. The grey bricks were the exact same, covered in moss, and giving off the aura of a prison, an image which was cemented by the tiny, grimy windows. The black railings that fenced the school in were flaking and rusted.

The girl manoeuvred her way through the small crowds of people that were assembled all over the place. In her previous year here, she hadn't made many friends, so no one greeted her as she made her way to the building.

The graffiti that lined the walls had gotten progressively ruder, everything from sexual innuendos to crude drawings. Most of these had been done a good ten years ago, due to the ban on outdoor graffiti.

She entered the school through the miraculously uncrowded doors. The hallways were deserted, and she made her way up to the library in hardly any time at all.

It was the only room in the entire campus that was mildly appealing. Ancient sofas littered the room, but they were extremely comfortable, despite the age. Literacy posters littered the walls, which were painted a rich red colour. A matching carpet covered the floor, making anyone feel homely at once.

It was also one of the least used rooms in the area, as reading wasn't a hobby that many people at Sacred Heart High possessed. There were only two other people in the room when the girl made her way to her favourite bookshelf; mythology.

Lying on the small end table just underneath the window was an old, torn newspaper. Out of curiosity, she picked it up, and read;

School shock as teens go missing.

Sacred Heart High suffered a major blow to it's already low reputation this week as it was revealed that the school managed to loose not one, but ten students in a scandal that could provide fatal to the school.

Edward Minton, Alexander Davies, Alistair Paul, Edward and Daniel Hetherton, Victoria Finlay, Ceilidh Wright, Caryn Chau, Mickaela Gartland and Autumn Gallia were all reported missing in the early hours of Tuesday morning as teachers heard a disturbance in the schools grounds. On inspection, several kitchen knives and a hooded sweatshirt belonging to one of the teenagers were found at the scene.

The teenagers are still missing, and anyone with any information should contact their local authorities.


The article was followed by ten pictures, five girls and five boys. They were obviously school shots, as every one of them were wearing the school's black and white striped tie.

The girl frowned momentarily, before putting the article out of her mind, and skimming her finger over the bookshelf, eyes closed until her finger landed on a book. She opened her eyes, and glanced at the title.

How to get rid of a demon in ten easy steps

The girl grinned; perfect. Something humorous in the early hours of the morning to cheer her up. She let the book fall open, and a small, folded piece of lined paper fell out. She picked it up, and unfolded it, until the scruffy writing was exposed.

Dearest whoever-the-fuck-is-reading-this,
I don't know what in the realm of living creatures possessed you to pick this book up. It's not a light reading book, neither is it for the faint hearted.

If you don't need to read this, i advise you put it down right now. You have no fucking idea whatyour you're getting yourself into, reading this. There's alot shitload of stuff that everyone would be better off not knowing. The stuff in this book is certainly in thatcatugry category. And if you think I'm joking, read on. You'll see what happens when people don't take my advice.

If you're in asimaler similar situation as to what we were, then all i can say is; good luck. You're sure as hell gonna need it.

You can thank Ed for correcting all the spelling mistakes in this.

Vikki.


The girl read, and re-read the letter. It was obvious she was the first person to read the letter, as the paper was still crisp, and the folds weren't tattered. She then thought back to the article. Vikki and Ed...Victoria and Edward?

She didn't know, and she sure as hell didn't wait to find out. She put the note carefully back in the book, and put it on the shelf, before walking out of the library.

She was one of the smart ones.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's it!
Me and Caryn would just like to thank every single one of you for reading, and sticking with us until the end. We know we've been late on shit, we know we've written shitty chapters, we know we may have annoyed more than a few of you at times. But if you've read from beginning to end, then we salute you. You guys were what made us keep writing this, even when we didn't want to.

Thank you for reading, you are all amazing <3