Killing Me Softly

Chapter Fourteen.

"Are you going to be alright? Do you want me with you?" Mike asked as we pulled up in front of Billie's. From what I could see, Sarah wasn't with him anymore.

"No, Mike. I'll be fine." I replied, grabbing my jacket and opening the door.

"We'll be waiting in that street.'' Tré told me, motioning to the next street down.

"Yep. I'll be out soon."

"Good luck."

Mike patted my back.

"It'll be fine. Just tell him the truth. He'll understand.''

''What if he doesn't? What if he doesn't understand at all?"

"Don't think about it, just do it."

"Haha, yeah.'' Tré laughed. "If I thought about half the things I did... Woah, would I be different."

I scowled at him.

"Alright, wrong time and place I get it, sorry.''

''Bye, guys.''

Billie's house was so welcoming. I felt at home when I walked up the front steps.

I knocked once.

No answer.

I knocked again.

No answer.

On the third knock, Billie ran down the stairs, topless with lip stick kiss marks all around his face. There were love bites on his chest and stomach.

"Sadie, I uh... eh... What are you doing here?''

''I'm going to explain the night you canceled... The truthful version.''

''What do you mean?''

''I did cheat on you. I did have sex...''

''I... I knew it. I loved you, Sadie.''

''No, Billie, wait.''

He went to close the door on me, but I ran inside his house, grabbing him, pleading for him to listen.

''What? What is there to listen to?''

''I didn't want to do it, Billie... I... I was raped.''

He went so silent it killed me.

"What mother fucking bastard did that to you? Was this the first time?"

"No, it's happened before."

"Who did this to you?" Billie was furious.

"Why do you care? You didn't seem to a few minutes ago."

Sarah came down the stairs, nothing but her lacy black bra and g-string on.

"Billie - What?"

"Uh- um... Sadie..."

"What are you doing here?" Sarah asked rudely.

"Explaining something to Billie. What are you doing?"

"Sarah, could you just leave, please?" Billie asked.

"What?" She asked. "What the fuck Billie Joe? You were going to sleep with me two seconds ago. Make up your mind."

"I have, and you have to go."

Sarah charged up the stairs, pulling on her clothes and flouncing angrily past us out the door. She gave me a withering look.

"Who did this to you?'' Billie asked again.

"My father first off. Then... That night... It was Jonas." I whispered.

"Your Dad raped you?" Billie's eyes filled with tears as he remembered his own loving father. Then his new, abusive one. "Oh, Sadie, I'm so sorry." He went to hug me, and I stepped back.

"No, Billie. Make your mind up. Do you love me?"

"Yes, I do. Of course I do, I always have. I just... Freaked out. I'm sorry. I love you."

"Oh, Billie. I love you too."

We leaned in at the same time, sharing a passionate kiss.

"I'll get Jonas. I promise you."

Billie and I curled up on his couch, a blanket keeping our body heats inside. Before I knew it, it was the morning...