Killing Me Softly

Chapter Twenty Eight.

"I love you, Sadie." Billie whispered as we boarded the plane.

"I love you, too, Billie. This is so exciting! I can't wait to see Sara again."

"I can't wait to meet them. Tré already has... Apparently."

I laughed as I remembered the first time I met Tré. He was such a dick head... Always playing around and being stupid. I was secretly worried about what Jonas may do to Billie. He beat and raped me, he could probably take Billie down, too, if he felt like it.

"Sade? What's up? I can see you're tense." Billie said softly. I noticed I had tears in my eyes.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you, Billie, because I know you'd tell me anything."

Billie's stomach lurched. He hadn't had a chance to speak to Mike about him and Catherine. It made Billie nervous and scared.

"Okay, Sadie."

"I'm scared Jonas might hurt you... Or even me... Again. It's not fair he can rule my life and feelings like this. I hate it, Billie. I'm so scared for you, I love you so much."

"Sadie, baby. Don't get upset over him. He won't hurt me, or you, I promise you that. Just enjoy yourself back there, okay? You're going to love being back home for a while, seeing your friends again."

"But, Billie, I don't think Iceland is my home anymore. California is. The girls aren't my best friends anymore. You, Mike, Al, Jason, Tré... You guys are. You're my home now. And that's what scares me the most. I feel like I've forgotten Iceland."

"Sadie, sometimes you have to have two homes."

"What do you mean?"

"I grew up in Berkley. Right? All my life. But I had two separate homes. I liked the one with my real father more so than the one with Brad. And now, I live in a third home. No father figure except some fancy-ish doctor toying with mom's heart. I may not know completely, Sadie, but I do sort of understand."

"Oh, Billie." I said tears appeared around the rims of Billie Joe's eyes. He missed his father so much. I suddenly felt selfish.

"Welcome aboard fight 226 to Iceland. I'm Melissa, and I'll be you head manager through out the fight. Please buckle your seat belts and watch the crew members demonstrate what to do in an unlikely but serious emergency..."

Billie grasped my hand and kissed it as the plane took off and we jetted off into the deep blue sky.

_____________________________________________________

Mike looked up at me teary eyed.

"Catherine. I don't want you to do that. Please." He cried.

"Michael, please, don't cry like a child."

"But Catherine! You want to kill our child? That's... wrong."

"I don't want to kill it. I'm against abortion usually. I have to kill it. There's no other way."

"Catherine, there is! Oh please, please just don't kill it. Cathy please."

"What's another way, Mike? What! That stupid lie you thought up? No. I won't do it."

"It's hardly a lie. Sadie's father could easily be my baby's father."

"I know. But you don't understand. I can't have a tie to that man. I just can't. I won't do that to Sadie."

"Don't kill it, Catherine, please."

"Mike! Shut up! You sound just like Sadie! This was all a mistake. I can't believe I did this. You have to go. Leave, now."

I blinked back tears. I didn't want to break up with Mike, but it was the only way I could think of.
He got up and walked away tears falling down his cheeks.

"Bye, Mike."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long to update! I'm going away for about a week... So I'll have some done when I get back.

Thanks for your comments and subscriptions.

Comment??

xx