Killing Me Softly

Chapter Six.

I was sitting on the kitchen bench as Mum walked in.

''What!'' My Mother screamed, her face turning red in anger. ''That fucker!'' She screamed again.

''What is it, Mum?'' I asked her, worried.

''Your father bought our furniture here. I was going to buy all new things. That's it.'' She stormed over to her mobile.

''Uh... We have a phone line.'' I said quietly.

''What!'' She ran to the phone, and hearing a dial tone, through it on the floor.

''Calm down, Mum.''

''He knows where we live. Oh, shit. We have to move again.''

''No, Mum, please!'' I didn't want to move from Billie.

She picked up the phone, shaking. She dialled my Father's number. He answered on the first ring.

''You fucker. Who do you think you are? I said I wanted to start anew, but you... You bought our furniture, set up our phone. For Gods' sake. This isn't even OUR home. We are staying here for a week before we move into our actual home in California. So you just messed up. Again. Do not contact us anymore. And tell Jonas to leave Sadie alone.''

I cringed yet again.

''Don't give me that speech, they had sex, Tom, sex. She's fifteen.''

''No, don't talk to me like that, Tom, she could be pregnant by now. Stop it, Tom. No,''

I tuned out and found myself walking over to Billie's.

I stopped on the front steps.

I was about to knock on their door, but stopped short.

What the fuck was I doing?

I was about to turn around and run back to my house when I ran into Billie.

''Oh... uh... hey.'' I stuttered.

''Hey. Uh, what are you doing over here?'' He asked, smiling his sexy smile.

''Um, I... I was... uh...'' I didn't want to say I was looking for him.

''We were supposed to see each other tomorrow. But tonight would be good too.'' Billie said, reading my mind.

''Uh, yeah sure. I actually came here to speak with Ollie, but um... Yeah.''

''Um, Sadie, this may sound a little advanced and everything, but I think I like you... Like, really like you.''

I smiled as his cuteness and looked into his big green eyes.

''Well, that's good, because I like you too.''

With out knowing what was happening, Billie leant down and kissed me passionately.

I was starting to like California...

A lot.