Status: Complete. :D

I Thought You Could Never Love a Monster. I Was Wrong.

All Around Me

School the next morning was a drag. For the most part, atleast. When I had woken up, Edward was gone. So I had thought that maybe it was all a dream. But when I got up to go wash my face, I looked at myself in the mirror. Dried up tears stained my face. That may not seem likely, but it was.

That's how I remembered last night. Breaking my wall down to show Edward. Crying in his arms. All of it.

I felt like crap just thinking about it. But I was going to school to see Edward. He made my heart beat faster than any normal pace that a heart should beat. Him being a vampire didn't matter to me. I know he would never hurt me, and that just brought me even more attracted to him.

When I got to school, I parked my car and went to class. When I walked into Calculus, Edward wasn't there.

Maybe he's just late. I thought.

But why was I obsessing over his absence? That didn't make any sense. I needed to clear my head and worry about school. For now.

First few classes had me zoning out within the minute that the bell rang. We didn't do much through out the periods. But lunch changed today. I walked into the cafeteria and saw that all of the Cullen's were in fact, gone. Maybe another hunting trip? Who knows.

I walked to my normal table with my some-what friends of mine. Becka beamed a smile as I sat down. Kelly seemed exhausted, and Nate was asleep.

I smiled and said, "What's wrong with everybody?" grimacing slighty.

Nate looked up, maybe not asleep, and said, "We need a lead singer for our band. Friday is the Talent Show and we're signed up, but we don't have a singer." he sighed, putting his head back down.

I nodded and took a bite of my apple.

Kelly looked over to me, then smiled and looked over to Becka, who was smiling with her. Something wasn't clear, I knew that.

"Remy! Oh will you? You can audition for us right now!" Kelly exclaimed. My eyes seemed to have shock in them as Becka stifled a giggle.

I grimaced, "I'm not so sure that that's a good idea. I don't think I can sing." I took another bite out of my apple, then gulped down some water.

Kelly sighed, giving me the puppy eyes. Becka joined in. Nate still had his head down.

I sighed, "Fine. Where do we go so I can audition?" I asked. Becka and Kelly screamed in excitement, and Nate looked up and smiled.

Great, so I was going to audition for a band that I didn't want to be in? Well, then.

"Come on," Becka stood up as did the rest of them. She grabbed my arm and led me out of the cafeteria. Soon we were in the auditorium. That explains a lot.

There was a tall stage, lights shining everywhere. The seats for the audience started low, and rose up as the seats expanded.

"Alright, what song do you want to sing? I'm sure we'll know it." Nate asked, grabbing his guitar.

I looked over to see Kelly setting herself up on the drums. And Becka was tuning her bass guitar.

"Umm," I hesitated, they might not like it, but oh well. "How about All Around Me by Flyleaf?" I bit my lip. That was a good song, and I think I could sing that.

Kelly looked up and smiled. She knew that song.

Nate cleared his throat, "Yeah, I know that song pretty well. So does Becka. We've played some of the chords before." He nodded, turning on the guitar.

Becka squealed, "Let's do this!"

I laughed a little and went up to the mic. I took a deep breath. I needed to try my best, and it didn't matter what they would think anyways. If i'm bad, i'm bad. If i'm good, well, that's a shock.

Kelly started a small beat as Nate took on the beginning of the song. becka chimed in with her bass soon after, and I knew my part would come up soon.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, only to re-open them again as I started.

"My hands are searching for you. My arms are outstretched towards you," as the next lyrics came, I lifted my hands a little to show feeling. "I feel you on my finger tips. My tongue dances behind my lips for you."

The next part came smoothly for me, and I continued. "This fire rising through my being, burning I'm not used to seeing you." The start of the chorus was coming up, so I gave it all I got as I sang through.

"I'm alive. I'm alive.
I can feel you all around my, thickening the air I'm breathing. Holding onto what i'm feeling, savouring this heart that's healing."
I had gotten through the chorus, so I sang the rest with my whole soul poured into it.

"My hands float up above me, and you whisper you love me. And I begin to fade, into our secret place." I put my arms in the air, slowly bringing them down. " The music makes me sway," I decided to just go along with it; I swayed my hips slowly. " The angels singing say we are alone with you. I am alone and they are too with you.

I'm alive! I'm alive!

I can feel you all around me, thickening the air I'm breathing. Holding on to what I'm feeling, savoring this heart that's healing."


A smooth verse came up, which soon relaxed me. But it wouldn't last that long. I would have to hit some sort of high note.

"And so I cry. The light is white. And I see you." Nate picked out the guitar part nicely.

"I'm alive! I'm alive! I'm alive!" And that part almost took me over, but I stayed against it and kept on going.

"I can feel you all around me, thickening the air I'm breathing. Holding on to what I'm feeling, savoring this heart that's healing." This was it, and I needed to prove that I wasn't so bad.

"Take my hand I give it to you now you own me all I am, You said you would never leave me I believe you I believe!"

We ended there, knowing that the bell would ring shortly. Nate's face lit up when we stopped. Kelly was shocked, and Becka squealed and ran to me for a hug.

"Oh my god! Remy! You can sing!" Becka hollered.

Kelly joined it with, "You're amazing, Remy! You are totally in!"

And Nate walked up cooly, smiling, "Welcome to our band. The Bloodsuckers."

The name for their band brought me some wrongness, but I ignored it. I knew the name would definately upset the Cullen's. But it's not like they can do anything about it.

I smiled, "Thanks, guys. I'm glad that I could be apart of this." I hugged Kelly as she came for one.

"So, tomorrow we'll talk more about Friday. But i'll just let you know that i'll pick you up on Friday at five. Alright?" Becka grinned. It was so easy to smile back and not fake it.

"Yeah, that's great," I smiled back, nodding as I did so.

The bell rang then and my crazy, nice, cool friends said their goodbyes to eachother, and to me and we had all left the auditorium.

The rest of the day went by fast. I was too busy thinking about Friday night. It was just two days away. I was nervous, knowing that I'd be in front of the whole school. But I was excited because I could actually show everyone a little bit more to me.

Music was the best relation that I had. And now I could full-fill some peice of what was missing.

Even if it didn't involve a piano.
♠ ♠ ♠
So? What do you think?

Come on, guys. BE NICE! HAVE A HEART!

Comment, and subscribe. Please please please?!

xD