Status: Complete. :D

I Thought You Could Never Love a Monster. I Was Wrong.

Making Music

My 'date' with Edward was nothing I had expected. He'd taken me out to eat, and just watched me the whole time. It was still odd that he didn't eat human food. But I was getting so used to it. The waitress had tried to flirt with Edward, but he did not budge. I felt greatful for that.

But I didn't even know what me and Edward were. What were we? How did we get here? Which is why I had brought it up last night.

Edward stared at me as I ate. I felt self-conscious. I never liked the attention on myself. Especially when I was eating. I ate slowly so I could talk to him. I needed some answers. He had taken me on this date, and I wanted to know what this meant.

I swallowed a bite of my spagetti before I asked, "Edward, can I ask you something?" I waited for his response. He still look at me.

He unlocked his eyes from his stare and stated, "Yes, Remy. What would you like?" His crooked smile sent me free fallin'. I mentally slapped myself for such a lame feeling.

"Um, well." I hesistated. I wasn't sure how to even ask this. "What-well, what are we, exactally? I know it hasn't been long, but I just figured, that I should ask and all because -"

Edward interrupted my babbling, thank god. "Well, my feelings for you are real. And very strong. There is something about you, that attracts me to you. So, if it is alright, would you be my girlfriend?" His smile was still there, and I couldn't help but blush.

I nodded, "Yes, I- of course. Yeah." I smiled, looking down. I didn't like when I blushed. Not one bit.

"Lovely." He said, and got up, leaving me for not even a minute before he came back with our coats. "Let's get going. If you're done."

I nodded once more, "Yes, I'm done. Thank you." I smiled, as he led me out of the restaurant and into his car.

~*~

Edward and I were sitting on his couch, watching television. Well, I was. I could feel Edward's gaze on me the whole time. I wasn't uncomfortable though. I was glad that he was so interested into me as I was into him.

I sighed, making Edward shift a little, to look me in the eyes. I smiled half heartedly as my eyes went back to the show we were watching.

"What's wrong, Remy? You know I can't read your thoughts." His voice rang through me.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Tv is getting boring. I was actually wondering, if you'd play your piano for me?" I grinned up at him. He had returned it.

"Of course." And with that, he pulled me off the couch and ushered me into the big, beautiful piano room.

Edward sat down on the piano bench, and tapped next to him, telling me to come sit with him. I bit my lip as he thought of what to play.

"I was actually wondering about something. You do have an amazing voice, and you're very talented. Would you like to write a song with me?" His eyes sparkled when he smiled dazzling at me from ear to ear. How could I say no to that?

Smiling back, I said, "Yes. Definately." I didn't even think about why I had stopped playing and singing in the first place. That was all behind a wall in my head. I just wanted to make something with Edward. Something that would be only mine and his. Something we could share together, forever.

"Well then, let's get started." His marvelous smile never left his face.

And so with that, we had started brainstorming for lyrics and the right notes. Edward had come up with the music part while I came up with the lyrics. The lyrics did mean a lot. For some reason, they reminded me of Edward. But he would never know that. And when he asked what those lyrics meant, I, of course lied and told him that they were just words forming into something magical.

Edward happened to feign believing me. He knew something was up. But I didn't care at the moment.

"New Moon, new life with you." My voice rang out as Edward peiced together some chords to match the sound of my words.

Soon we had figured it all out, and Edward wanted to try it all out. I was nervous, because I was singing in front of him. Although he had watched me sing before, I had never known that he was there. So, I had an excuse to be nervous. When he said that I hadn't.

"Why don't we have the family come and watch?" Edward questioned.

I stood still, freaking out inside. Have them watch? I could hardly sing infront of Edward, let alone his perfectly beautiful family. And Rosalie, who hated me with a passion.

"I- I guess so." I frowned.

Edward placed one cold hand under my chin, lifting it up just enough to make my eyes meet with his. "Don't be afraid, Remy. You ahve a wonderful voice. They will love it."

And with that, Alice had scurried her way in with Jasper behind her. And the rest of the Cullen's following behind. They smiled at me, I faintly grinned back.

"We have been working on this all day. Care to listen?" Edward asked his family.

"Of course not! Go on, show us." Carlisle chimed as Alice jumped up and down, impatient for us to start.

Edward looked at me, "You can do this, love." He kissed my forehead before sitting on the piano bench. I stood up, it was better for my diaphragm to open up. Better for my voice.

I took a deep breath, and let Edward start out with his part. When he played, his fingers moved around the keys so delicately. Like he was still human. He traced around the keys a few times, pressing down with just enough pressure to get the sound to shoot through the room.

And before I knew it, my part for singing had come.

"Where are you its twilight, where are you tonight? Something deep inside me, follows you in the night. I cannot explain it, there is no fear in me. For I would rather perish than live apart from thee."

My voice came out nice and strong, "We know hate is strong, and the world is wrong, and the moon and the sun can't relate; But we carry on, this forbidden song, because love is much stronger than hate."

And soon the chorus came. Which showed most of my emotion.

"New Moon, new life with you. Tell me what's wrong, whats right, whats true? The further you try to run away, the closer I'm drawn to you, new day, new me." I smiled at Edward as he played, but kept looking back at me.
New Moon.

"Come with me its twilight, run away with me. Dance me into midnight, shine your love on me. Fatal and immortal, fascinating, free. Take me on a Forks flight, high above the trees.

We know hate is strong, and the world is wrong,
and the moon and the sun can't relate;
But we carry on, this forbidden song,
because love is much stronger than hate.

New Moon, new destiny. Tell me, is this—my tragedy? Eclipsed by your love, blinded, confused, but closer I'm drawn to you, new day, new birth. New Moon.

It's my tragic flaw, to be in your arms,
where the force is so strong I can't breath;
I am Artemis, you're my nemesis,
You're the one thing my heart can't release.

New breath, new birth,
New death, new earth,
New day, new me, new Moon. "


The applause came from upstream, sending me taken back for coming out of my zone. I was so into the song, I forgot I was performing for Edward's family. What shocked me, was that Rosalie was smiling, and even clapping.

Edward came up from behind me, "You were wonderful, love." I smiled at his little name for me.

Love.

"That what amazing, remy! Oh my goodness! Your voice is beautiful!" Alice shrieked and I could help but laugh at how enthusiastic she was with this.

"Thank you." I grinned at everyone. I blushed at Emmett when he picked me up and swung me around.

"We've got another talented musician in the family now! Awesome!" Emmett peeped, his smile wide.

I felt something in my heart. My heart started to beat faster than ever. I felt this feeling inside me. I was family? They considered me as their family? Even if I was human?

I felt so happy that I was included into their family. I was loved, and I had a family again. Maybe not a normal, human family. But I had one. And I could feel my heart start to patch up the whole that had been there ever since the accident.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Tell me what you think.

I'm not too sure about this chapter.. I was kinda like, Ehh?

But, the song that they sung is an AMAZING song. Here, LISTEN TO IT!
It really should have been in the Twilight Saga Movie Soundtracks. FOR SURE.
New Moon - Celica Westbrook.

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE! :D