Status: Complete. :D

I Thought You Could Never Love a Monster. I Was Wrong.

Distance?

The next week for school, was agonizing. It went by slow, but fast at the same time. I was doing good in all of my classes, but it just made me fall asleep. Edward would nudge me gently everyone my eyelids closed. Yes, Edward somehow managed to change his schedule so he was in all of my classes. Except for Gym, which I couldn't disagree with, I hated Gym.

~

I plopped myself down on the couch when I was home from school. Edward wasn't at school, he was out hunting with Alice and Jasper. Carlisle was still at work, and Rose and Emmett were on a 'date'. I couldn't blame them for trying to act human every once in awhile.

I sighed passively as I stared up at the ceiling. Esme was in the kitchen, which is where she has been a lot lately, ever since I moved in.

Esme's voice echoed through the room, "Remy, why don't you go get some fresh air? I know you must be tired from school, but it'll do you good. Just don't roam to far, Edward will have my head." She smiled as I got up and ran for the door.

"Thanks, Esme." I smiled back before exiting the house and wondered into the forest.

See, I was glad to be living here with the Cullen's. They were a new family, and I liked it. But I wasn't over the top happy about it. They were different than my family. And I was not used to it. I didn't really like it. Don't get me wrong, the Cullen's are great, and I love them to death, especially Edward. But I really needed to get out of there. Weekends were always boring for me. I was always cooped up in that house.

I felt as if I was suffocating.

So, when Esme offered me freedom, I took it right away, without hesitating or worrying about what Edward would think when he got back. But he wouldn't get back now. My guess is that he'd be gone for atleast two days. He was always gone long. He was becoming distant from me, and I worried.

He wasn't speaking as much, and he hadn't kissed me ever since we both lost control and had a steamy make-out session -which I wouldn't mind trying again. And Alice, she was also distant, but I knew that her and Edward were speaking to eachother mentally. And again, I was worried. And scared.

I sighed heavely as I ducked under tree branches. I wasn't sure where I was, but I knew that i'd been walking for some time. But it felt good to be out, so I didn't care.

A tall tree branch was slanted sideways, towards the ground, and I smirked to myself as I thought of a very stupid thing to do. I ran and jumped, trying to get over the branch like the way Edward had shown me. He made it look so easy, but it really wasn't.

My shoelace had caught onto a smaller branch sticking out on the log. I fell over onto my back with a small 'oof'. I groaned as I moved a little, trying to undo the lace that was hooked nicely on the branch.

"Argh" I groaned.

I sighed and just layed on the cool ground. I stared up at the tall trees and remembered Edward climbing up on a very tall tree with me on his back. It was joyful, and I missed it. I closed my eyes and kept control on my breathing. I didn't wanted to think about losing him, if that's why he was becoming so distant with me.

"Wow, Remy. Stuck much?" A deep voice said, along with a low chuckle.

I opened my eyes to see an upside down Jacob Black. He was shirtless, and I did have to admit that he was very gorgeous. Not just his face, but his body. But, he couldn't compare to Edward in any way. . .

I playfully glared at him, "Yeah, I'm practicing my leaps. And I pretty much failed." I laughed lightly.

Jacob chuckled again, "Here, I think you need some help."

I rolled my eyes, "No duh, stupid." I smirked as his face turned into dramatic horror.

Jacob's hands quickly unhooked my shoelace and I let my leg fall to the ground. Then i felt warm arms pick me up and set me on my feet.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"Yup." He said, popping his 'p'.

"So, he prodded. "Why are you out here all alone? Did the blo-Cullen's kick you out already for being too temtping?" He smirked but I glared.

"You know, you're never gonna make friends with that attitude against my family." I spat through my teeth.

At the word 'family' Jacob's face scrunched into a pained expression. I felt bad, but it was true. They were my family now.

Jake sighed, "Yeah, yeah. But you enver answered my question." He raised one eyebrow.

"I wanted to go for a small walk." I said bluntly. In response, Jake nodded his hand and turned around to leave.

"Hey, where are you going?" I asked.

He turned around and smiled at me, "I'm going to the cliffs. Wanna come?"

"Wait," I stopped him, "Am I even on Forks?" I asked confused.

Jake chuckled, "No, Dorothy. You're not in Forks anymore. You apparently stumbled your way to La Push." He smirked.

I groaned. "Well, I might as well spend some time with you." I stuck my tongue out.

"Let's go." He said, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

I let out a little squeal, "Hey! Put me down!" I laughed as Jake shook his whole body as a repsonse for 'No'.

"So, how's the view back there?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, it's lovely, Jake. I might just pinch it because I absolutley adore it so much." I smirked as Jake let out a little scream and ran with me to the beach.

"Thought so." I said as he set me down on my feet.

"You're a meanie." He pouted like a little kid.

"Oh, whatever!" I laughed and turned around to run up to the cliffs.

I got up there first and the view was beautiful. The waves crashing against the rocks, the mist spitting everywhere, leaving a cool breeze in the end. The cliff was high, but I felt the urge to jump. Maybe, afterall, this was the time. I could finally join my family, and the guilt would be gone.

Jake sighed from behind me. "I know you know about us."

I turned around and shrugged lightly. "It doesn't bother me, Jake. I want you to know that."

He nodded his head and walked to the opposite end of the cliff, more towards the trees. As for me, I was on the other end, closer to the edge.

"That's why, if you're thinking about jumping, you won't. Because werewolves are made of steel." Jacob nodded fervently, sending a little smile my way.

I sighed loudly, "Oh, come on! It'd be so fun! I'd be the first human to jump a cliff!" I thought for a second, "Wait, the first human to jump of a cliff in La Push, Washington!" I raised my hands in the air like a dork.

Jake chuckled, "Still, Remy. You can't." I pouted.

My face soon changed to horror as a loud howl echoed through the trees. I looked at Jacob who groaned and shook his head.

"I hate them." he muttered. "I'll be right back. Stay here and do not move." He said obediently. I nodded as he ran into the forest, leaving me by myself.

I sighed and turned to look at the water. The waves, even though they shook so violently, looked very peaceful to me. I wanted to jump. No, I had to jump. I deserved the pain that would come, if it did. Before I could take a step over the edge, there was a growl from right behind me.

I slowly turned around to see a giant russet colored wolf staring at me. I knew it was once of the boys, but I wasn't sure who. I stared into it's deep brown eyes and a shock went through me. I recognized those eyes. The wolf was Jacob.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Cliff hanger. WHATYA GONAA DO 'BOUT IT?!

Like my New jersey accent? xD I did.

Well, tell me what you think. And soon you'll know the reason for Edward's distance.
BUT! I need YOUR opinions on why he is how he is.

Should I bring Bella into the story? The love story will still go strong, but we do need some drama in there! So, tell me what you think, and then i'll update!

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIBES! <3